Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Live In A Shithole?

Ur all lucky...I live in Corby,which is all the gangsters/dealers and generally the people who had to 'get out' of Glasgow/Greenock..the place is trashed,with nowt to do at all(cant even get a bus outta town&#33.Now it's gypo city,give it six months and they'll be more dirty immigrants than out else......and they get better houses/cars/jobs/healthcare etc. etc.
    WHOA,a bit off topic......I LIVE IN A SH*THOLE. :flame:

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I live in Belfast.
    I could teach you all a thing or two
    about a thing or two about shit-holes.
    With the exception of Billy who knows
    only too well. Would that our mutual experience was just a dream.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 08:14
    I live in Belfast.
    I could teach you all a thing or two
    about a thing or two about shit-holes.
    With the exception of Billy who knows
    only too well. Would that our mutual experience was just a dream.
    i was thinking of bumping this thread too so i could see what u had to say my man !!

i have 3 weeks and finally i can get away.
    man, do you mind me asking why on earth u came back here from Holland? PM if u want dude, i just dunno why anyone would come back....

I mean, the only good thing i see here at the moment is my family. And that would be the only reason i would return one day, and of course because its my home country.
    But i cant see nowt changing here (economically, politically, socially, the list can go on as im sure you are aware bro....).
    I can possibly see myself here again one day......but not for a good good while man.....
    Glasgow? f*ck me thats paradise.
    lovely city.
    no comparison to here, sorry!!
    and no im not proud to say that !!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Bill,
    I won't PM because I design to set an example here.
    I want people to realise that, despite what the
    papers say, hatred is not endemic in this country.
    I want people to understand that you and I come
    from opposite sides of a bitterly divided community.
    Yet for our parts we haven't once, on these boards,
    shown the slightest anomosity towards each other. I want
    people also to realise that good will between humans
    is not limited to these boards. We've seen enough severed
    limbs and severed lives to become horribly detached.
    All Billy wants to do, its tangible in his posts, is get far away
    from here and start a new life with a new set of rules. He has an opportunity and
    he should seize it.
    When I was 6, myself and a cousin of mine decided to take a walk.
    It happened that we strayed into the opposite community
    and were immediately beset by thugs. To cut a long story short,
    we were assaulted and my cousin, who was 9, had TAIG branded onto his
    head with ciggarette buts.
    When I was 20, out dancing one night at Sugar Sweet in Belfast(which used to kick ass) I met a beautiful girl and we fell in love.
    We planned to marry. Insert your own sickly metaphors.
    It just so happened that she came from the opposite side of the community.
    Within a year, the UVF monitored us incessantly up to the point
    where we were visited but burly gentlemen in balaclavas.
    With a gun to my head I was told that they knew who I was (I'm not a super-hero, my identity is public knowledge. Man these guys are thick) they knew who she was and if we were ever seen together again we both would be shot dead.
    Well fuck them!!! We moved to Holland. She couldn't hack it though
    and came back home. C'est la vie.
    I developed a habit and after 2 years it was Belfast by plane or Belfast by bodybag. So I came home Bill, that's it. She is now happily married to an ex-soldier (oh the irony) and I am happily co-habiting with a beautiful gentleman's family.
    Billy, I wish you all the best, my friend.
    Perhaps we'll take the kids over to Spain some year and we can backstab Belfast in the sun.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Thanks a lot chalice....

I dont know what to say, that was a very moving post to say the least.

I dont want to show that hatred is rife in this country, and as you say this is evident in us not bickering or any of that sh*t.
    But there are just a lot of idiots here, as you say yourself, damn those guys are thick.
    My gf is a catholic and myself a protestant. But the fact she is in another country of course is different.
    Sorry to hear about that story man, it just saddens me.
    It also saddens me that i cant see a change happening here.
    There will ALWAYS be the barbaric thugs on our streets that did that to you and your cousins.
    I know this is evident all round the world, and it has changed a lot in recent years, but it still remains, eating away at our society.
    Take a look at some of our estates still: Rathcoole, etc, etc, plastered with sectarian slogans and murals, filled with hatred for the other side of the community.

But well, as you know, there are more genuinley nice people here, without blowing my own trumpet the Irish are the nicest people you can meet.

Its only a small fraction of the community that ruins it for this country, those complete idiots that run the streets throwing bottles at the police and other people,etc, will never stop in my opinion.

Im just glad i will be out of here before the 12th......Drumcree, etc, etc (why do i suspect no one else will be able to contribute to this conversation ?!!! )
    There is always an air of fear about the summer coming up to that, which i have never liked.
    As you say i want a new set of rules and i want away.
    I want my girl and i want to live somewhere where i LIVE.
    Not exist

I just really hope one day this country changes......If it does there is hope for the rest of the world.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Well said, Bill.
    It will never stop.
    Not while misery is handed down religiously.
    You're depressing me now, lol.
    Might just start limbering up for a move myself.
    Incidentally, I lapsed my vegetarianism yesterday
    after 8 years. I had a steak and chips. My head is melted.
    "It's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder."

7. Lounge   -   #7
    8 years ?!!!!

sh*t !!!!

that must have been weird trying it !!!!!
    i personally eat anything and everything - but the food here is disgusting as well so im glad ill see the back of it!!

im sick of eating spuds all the f**king time !!!!!

sorry for the reminder

why not move man? what is there here? oh yeah! no government !!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@16 June 2003 - 09:53
    Im just glad i will be out of here before the 12th......Drumcree, etc, etc (why do i suspect no one else will be able to contribute to this conversation ?!!! )
    i don't know how much i can contribute, but i can say that i was moved by your story too chalice.
    it's completely true that the extreme minority of people spoil the country for the majority.

i'm not from ireland, i'm scottish, however, i have close family in ireland. we are catholics, yet i feel no hatred, anger, anymosity or bad feeling towards protestants.

when i was growing up in primary school and high school, i attended 'catholic' schools. 'we' were kept seperated from 'them'.
    however, this didn't stop some mindless thugs trying to show off and there were sporadic running battles between the two largest 'opposition' schools in the disctrict.
    i had no part in this, i couldn't fight for something i never felt, or even properly understood. what is the point?

anyway, i agree with crazy billy bats here, the irish are possibly ther nicest (after the scots of course ) people you could ever hope to meet. the hospitality you see in ireland is spectacular, people can't do enough to make sure you're happy or comfortable.

if only the feelings of the vast majority ran through the whole country, a lot of people's world's would be much better places.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    cheers 2 gen noob, sure that is a good contribution man !!!!!!!

im so glad there are more like-minded people out there.

By the way the scottish are my fav people

i dunno what it is between scotland and ireland , i just know that some (i am not generalising !!!!&#33 English people can be right twats - i have met significantly more nice scottish people than English.

And i was only recently in Edinburgh for the first time and loved it !!!
    very cool city !!!!!!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    I live in a lovely place in the SW of England.Five mins from the beach too.

And to our two Irish cousins,i was moved reading about some of the shit that you guys have had to put up with.Respect.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast