Oink... make him learn the hard way.

Tough love.

Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Qua's Avatar Fortress Europe BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    O*nk will work only if he's into S/M

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    nsk's Avatar Sharer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I would highly recommend demonoid as a good place to start, speeds might not be the best, and it is public, but when you register its got that private feel to it, very big community that will help, should be able to find pretty much anything there and easy to keep a good ratio. He can also get invites there when he's ready, I got TL, Oink and BitmeTV from there.

Its going to be down for a fee days though, so as the others suggested, just sign up to open sites, like TD, filelist (if their open at this time) etc. A couple I would maybe recommend is funfile and digitalhive, due to them having freeleech on some selected torrents so its helpful for building ratio.

Also have a look through the 'open signup' sticky thread and see what's on offer.

and for his leeching, piratebay
    Last edited by nsk; 06-26-2007 at 03:28 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Introduce him right away to SCT for the best content, speed, and community.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BillStruth's Avatar misunderestimated
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    BillStruth pm me his email. I wouldn't invite him to tl until hes proven worthy or you'll get a big fat red mark for his faults.
    thanks for the offer mate, but i will get him started on a public tracker, maybe pirate bay or something similar to start with, then get him on demonoid, when it is back up and running. really don't want to get him on the decent sites until he has proved he can seed regularly.......

thanks anyway

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    PM me email addy and I will get him into TL and DH. I'm not worried about his habbits, he seems to be getting good advice, thats more then some people get. The choice is his now.

I realise he is new, and I'll risk it, never had an issue on TL or DH, only had issues on oink and bitmetv with giving away invites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Public trackers are horrible, don't do that to the poor kid. Introduce him to TL and Bitsoup. Bitsoup has a great collection of old torrents, have average speeds, and have very helpful folks on forums for beginners.
    No Whining

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Don't give him public trackers. Just link him to the open signup thread and see what happens
    Now go away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12