Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube Hacked?

I think this site has do with that zelda release
    http://www.gc-nfo.com/

2. Games   -   #12
    BritishICE's Avatar Poster
    I am a computer engineer with console hacking as a hobby. I can say with a large dose of certainty that GC has not been hacked. However, the console is also not hack proof. Although the security features are more substantial than any mass produced product to this day. The production of GC discs contains a second process which includes some kind of laser inscription, this can be seen when the disc is held up to light at a certain angle. This ensures that any hardware modification will also have to include into account the special properties of the GC discs.

3. Games   -   #13
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    the other reason the GC has not been hacked is that the disk spin in reverse. so in order to burn a game you woul need some fancy software and alot of computing time to reverse the data. also to extract the data from the disk is a problem in it of its self.

4. Games   -   #14
    thats why I do not understand the value of a GC ISO. I would think nly top of the line computer would even come close to the power necessary to emulate the GC. and if they can't put it on a disk for the GC, i see no point in having it. I myself am glad that Nintendo made it so difficult to pirate thier software. I am, and always will be a loyal nintendo fan. I don't think this system or, any of thier future systems will be easy to hack at all.

5. Games   -   #15
    Fire Fox Fan
    gamecube iz ten times better than ps2 game cube has better speed games controls graphics. the only reason ps2 sells more iz cause it'z got more gamez . i checked gamemasters mag which supports all consoles says gamecube iz sellin more now cause wind waker iz out i have it and it rocks unlike vice city which i have for pc and ps2. yes thats right i have a ps2 xbox gamecube but still ps2 cannot match the gamecubes stantdards.

6. Games   -   #16
    Xelotath just incase u havent heard nintendo aint making systems anymore.. I am a fan myself but you cant have everything you want. And secondly it HAS been hacked. The hackers are releasing the software to burn backwards which they have been developing soon. There is a NFO for it on nfosource. There are MiniDisks for sale which have 1.5 gigs, just like the GC disks infact they are the same ones that nintendo uses and they are about $8 a piece (but you can find them for like 3) Another way for to play these games is to take off the top of the GC and put a normal dvd on them (the lazer can reach around a normal dvd). Also it is said that a company is releasing a addon so that you can play normal dvds on your GC without breaking it open. It is also said that you can play burnt games on a Panisonic Q if you manage to burn them backwards.

There are videos of people playing burnt GC games. One has the GC opened up and the other they just use minidisks.

7. Games   -   #17
    Originally posted by Black.Ops@17 June 2003 - 21:51
    Xelotath just incase u havent heard nintendo aint making systems anymore.. I am a fan myself but you cant have everything you want. And secondly it HAS been hacked. The hackers are releasing the software to burn backwards which they have been developing soon. There is a NFO for it on nfosource. There are MiniDisks for sale which have 1.5 gigs, just like the GC disks infact they are the same ones that nintendo uses and they are about $8 a piece (but you can find them for like 3) Another way for to play these games is to take off the top of the GC and put a normal dvd on them (the lazer can reach around a normal dvd). Also it is said that a company is releasing a addon so that you can play normal dvds on your GC without breaking it open. It is also said that you can play burnt games on a Panisonic Q if you manage to burn them backwards.

There are videos of people playing burnt GC games. One has the GC opened up and the other they just use minidisks.
    what are you a moron? Nintendo IS making consoles still and they WILL make a successor to the GC. It is ridiculous that you think you can get the same disk that GC games are on for 8$ BECAUSE PANASONIC IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT MAKES THAT SPECIFIC FORMAT AND ONLY SELLS THEM TO NINTENDO. and the GC laser Cannot read Normal size DVD's sorry. The panasonic has 2 different lasers to read GC disks and cd normal Dd's. and you cannot play a normal mini-dd in the GC because it WILL NOT READ IT BECAUSE GC DISKS ARE WRITTEN BACKWARDS! Also the First track of the disks are offset or have some sort of quirck in the write format that makes it even HARDER to burn. you say the GC has been hacked, I say you are an idiot. The burden of proof is on you. you show me a GC that is 100% undoubtably hacked and i will say you are right. Oh, and that video, they switched the Disk. It is hard to tell, but right before they put the disk in the GC the shadow jumps randomly. that means that stopped the camera, switched disks, and put it in the GC.

8. Games   -   #18
    Oh, and i thought i would add that software CAN NOT make a burner write backwards. and you completely ignored my statement about the first track on GC disks. But oh, let me guess. They found a way to get around that too? what about the 1024 bit encryption? did they get past that too? I seriously doubt it.

9. Games   -   #19
    Makes you wonder though what the point of the several Gamecube iso releases were for if the Gamecube hasn't been hacked...

10. Games   -   #20
    They could just be a Dump. not an actual Iso. but an ISo created form the dump data.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast