Thread: Weird.....

Poster BT Rep: +3
    I downloaded a dvd-r from acid and saw that it was also on TL. So I queued it up in TL to do some ratio boosting. As it checks the data integrity and such it says that 1gb of the file is corrupted/not downloaded. I do the data check on the acid file I downloaded and it says its perfectly fine. When I try to unpack the rars it says I need a password. No mention in the info or anything about a password and I've never needed one before. So why does TL say I have some corrupted data while the original track acid says its 100% ok?

Just noticed it on Arenabg also and decided to do the samething. Now it's saying just about the whole thing is corrupted/missing. So how/why does this happen?
    Last edited by Bo0ddha; 06-27-2007 at 01:41 AM. Reason: More Info

<-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    since every private tracker you belong to has a passkey which is yours and yours alone it allows those rar files or zip files you get from That private tracker to unlock. you downloaded a torrent that was TL's but since you DL from another tracker you did not have the proper passkey to open it.meaning someone uploaded a TL torrent to acid
    as for it being corrupted maybe who ever Uploaded it to acid missed some file from the original on TL. but not 100% sure about that part?

Hope this makes sense!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i think you missed it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    look at the individual files in your bittorrent client. Is the 1GB of corrupt data composed of entire parts of a few archives or from the beginnings or ends of all of them?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    I downloaded a dvd-r from acid and saw that it was also on TL. So I queued it up in TL to do some ratio boosting. As it checks the data integrity and such it says that 1gb of the file is corrupted/not downloaded. I do the data check on the acid file I downloaded and it says its perfectly fine. When I try to unpack the rars it says I need a password. No mention in the info or anything about a password and I've never needed one before. So why does TL say I have some corrupted data while the original track acid says its 100% ok?

Just noticed it on Arenabg also and decided to do the samething. Now it's saying just about the whole thing is corrupted/missing. So how/why does this happen?
    You obviously started it while the other was running. That screwed it up from the get go.

Secondly,
    RARs are never meant to have passwords, that is idiotic and doesn't happen on any good tracker.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    The password protected archive is basically a scam, to force you to go to another site to attempt to retrieve it. The only sensible answer is delete and forget it. Strike that one up to experience.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    medo's Avatar FST Elite BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    arenabg torrents are unrared so u got that all the rar files r missing

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by rapesauce10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post

You obviously started it while the other was running. That screwed it up from the get go.

Secondly,
    RARs are never meant to have passwords, that is idiotic and doesn't happen on any good tracker.
    I only grabbed the arenabg and the TL files to seed AFTER I had finished downloading. The password seemed weird to me too because like it was stated no decent tracker would do it. I've never seen a corrupted file ask for a pw though which threw me off. Already deleted the file and will just find it somewhere else.

<-