Thread: About About Schmidt

I recently downloaded about schmidt, pts 1 & 2. Unfortunately part2 didn't work. Downloaded another part2 - it didn't work either. Downloaded every about schmidt part2 on kazaa, none of them worked. I would really like to see part 2 - anyone got any ideas where I can get it? (I live in Taiwan, and the DVD rental shops here don't seem to have this movie.)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    Do you have the K-lite Codec pack installed?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Great film....
    I got the 2 file Xvid from verifieds, but it took ages so i deleted it and got a 700 MB divx which i put onto a 3 disc SVCD. it should be on kazaa somewhere...
    fantastic movie....

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Thanks for the advice - I got the codec pack and it seems to have fixed the problem.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    no - still no good, movie constantly freezing as before, and with all my new codecs I can't watch any of the old southpark files which played fine before. Any more suggestions?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    have you triede using avi-preview to watch the 2nd part, worked for me on a couple of occassions.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    good idea, tried it, didn't work.

Crazy Billy - I've downloaded about 8 different part 2's - all of them either don't play or freeze so much they are unwatchable. With my new Klite codec pack, everything plays green now, but I'm still prepared to watch a green About Schmidt if you can point me in the direction of a working copy. You say there's a copy out there which definitely works - how can I know which one it is? I'm sure I've tried every one on Kazaa.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I am currently downloading About Schmidt. I had a preview of both the files with AVI preview. They seem fine to me. 2nd file is only 20% downloaded. I hope the preoblem doesnt start after 20%.

THe file I am downloading is "About Schimdt_(2002).CD2.DVDSC". Have you tried this one ?

I have KAzaa codec pack intalled. No other Codecs.
    sig removed.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I'm now downloading that file myself - about 50% so far. I just checked it with AVI preview and it's looking good so far. I did try that file before and installed the Xvid codec especially so I could watch it but I couldn't get it to play. Dunno what I did wrong - it seems fine now, I think it will be a good file.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dfhsfgjdgjdg@18 June 2003 - 03:30
    good idea, tried it, didn't work.

Crazy Billy - I've downloaded about 8 different part 2's - all of them either don't play or freeze so much they are unwatchable. With my new Klite codec pack, everything plays green now, but I'm still prepared to watch a green About Schmidt if you can point me in the direction of a working copy. You say there's a copy out there which definitely works - how can I know which one it is? I'm sure I've tried every one on Kazaa.
    i searched for about schmidt and kept auto search more on.
    after a while there was loads there, so i went to the one with the most users, and the filename as "About Schmidt", not the description.
    Im not sure of the exact name, sorry man, but it should be around the usual 700 mark for a divx, the quality is great and as i said i turned mine into a 3 disc SVCD.