Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: J.f.k Assasination

Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+16 June 2003 - 17:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 16 June 2003 - 17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@16 June 2003 - 11:40
    I&#39;ve always felt, as have others in my position, that every person researching a conspiracy theory is someone kept out of harms way.

Heaven forbid they should ever expend that amount of energy on investigating what is actually going on.

That&#39;s probably why they are started.
    Exactly so, JPaul, although I must say, I don&#39;t think anyone has ever actually occupied your "precise" position. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a very good point, even if unintentional. I should probably have said similar positions.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, I would hardly think that&#39;s the only question that merits such attention.
    I didn&#39;t mean to imply that I accepted the Warren Commission&#39;s report at all.
    I&#39;ve read several books on the subject and think that barring the appearance of Mr. Peabody and the Wayback machine, a definitive answer is not likely to be uncovered.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Angellynn 26-

One difficulty is some diabolical person made sure all possible participants in the "conspiracy" died of old age before they could give up the true dope.

Another is this:

Everyone involved in a "conspiracy" has, as his impetus, an agenda-driven imperative, which effectively precludes coherent testimony, post-event.

Thousands (well, maybe only hundreds) of varying stories; and with them, a good recipe for stew, which is what we&#39;ve been doing for the past forty years.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    Yeah sure but what about UFO&#39;s then?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by JPaul+16 June 2003 - 16:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 16 June 2003 - 16:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@16 June 2003 - 17:25
    <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul
    @16 June 2003 - 11:10
    It refers to the difference between the actual and the theoretical.

Thank you, JPaul.

I hope you don&#39;t mind.The question appeared facetious so I thought a level headed individual like myself was best answering it.

Save the thread falling into an ever decreasing spiral of nonsensical demands for insincere expressions of contrition. [/b][/quote]
    it wasnt facetious. i was just saying. i didnt realise there was much different cos how often does something go from being a conspiracy theory to a conspiracy if you know what i mean

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by angellynn26@16 June 2003 - 18:04
    To accept that LHO acted alone to assassinate JFK out of some personal vendetta of his own making is absolutely absurd. If any of you actually believe that, I&#39;ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya&#33; There were three shots fired, and it HAS been proven that all three could NOT have come from the book depository window that LHO was at. As for the stupid Warren Commission statement, look who signed it. It has been openly speculated that LBJ, the CIA, and the Secret Service were all involved in JFK&#39;s assassination. If there is even a scrap of truth to that, then the statement from the commission, signed by LBJ, holds no water whatsoever. Let us also not forget the fact that the forensic examination of JFK&#39;s body was kept from the public for approx. 30 years. When the American public was given access to the autopsy results, actual PROOF was shown that there was no way LHO acted as the sole shooter. There were at least two other shooters on the grassy knoll... that is no longer considered speculation. Many witnesses on that day also claimed to hear the two shots that came from behind the fence. The U.S. government has put a hold on all information concerning JFK&#39;s death. It is to be kept classified until - and I might be wrong about the specific time - around the year 2030. I have always believed this was because they wanted to make sure that all persons involved were dead before allowing the public to know the truth. Why else would they tell us there is more to the story, but it is classified? I can&#39;t blame all those people who have spent their lives trying to put this puzzle together. Anyone who has read enough on the subject would find it hard not to speculate also. And, it may be where "conspiracy theory" got it&#39;s start, but it is probably the one incident in our country&#39;s history that merits the question: what are they hiding and why?
    Very true&#33; i couldnt have put it better myself

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by angellynn26@16 June 2003 - 17:04
    *edit*
    If any of you would like a REAL possibility for his assassination, look up some information on what Martin Luther King Jr. and Kennedy were doing before he was killed. Then look at what LBJ did after the assassination to thwart the efforts of MLKjr. Make sure you also look at the head of the CIA at the time, and his reports to Congress and the president about the "real" abilities and motivations of African-Americans in this country. It is no secret that MLKjr. was working JFK for support for the fight against racial segregation in this country... and JFK was giving him that support. It is also no secret that the CIA paid a black man to assassinate MLKjr. That is not a conspiracy theory, the CIA has readily admitted as much. Should it be only speculation that MLKjr. being assassinated shortly after JFK is just a coincidence? Any of you who understand the SEVERE racial issues that were going on during that time will also understand that this is a very real possibility for the reason JFK was killed.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    I think that the way JFK led his life and the manner of his death it was inevitable that this would happen.

It&#39;s one of these situations where it is easier to get groups of people to believe things which they fundamentally want to believe in the first place. It is in fact a true life story as entertaining as any X-Files plot.

I personally believe that the JFK conspiracy theory was in fact a conspiracy. I believe that the conspiracy theory was put in place to make the US citizens so engrossed in this that they ignored other things which were happening.

Whatever else may be true JFK was a charismatic man who was loved by many. His untimely death was an opportunity for people to deflect the attention from the real world. The theory only served to extend that period. Flippin heck it is still going on.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by angellynn26+16 June 2003 - 12:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angellynn26 @ 16 June 2003 - 12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angellynn26@16 June 2003 - 17:04
    *edit*
    If any of you would like a REAL possibility for his assassination, look up some information on what Martin Luther King Jr. and Kennedy were doing before he was killed.&nbsp; Then look at what LBJ did after the assassination to thwart the efforts of MLKjr.&nbsp; Make sure you also look at the head of the CIA at the time, and his reports to Congress and the president about the "real" abilities and motivations of African-Americans in this country.&nbsp; It is no secret that MLKjr. was working JFK for support for the fight against racial segregation in this country... and JFK was giving him that support.&nbsp; It is also no secret that the CIA paid a black man to assassinate MLKjr.&nbsp; That is not a conspiracy theory, the CIA has readily admitted as much.&nbsp; Should it be only speculation that MLKjr. being assassinated shortly after JFK is just a coincidence?&nbsp; Any of you who understand the SEVERE racial issues that were going on during that time will also understand that this is a very real possibility for the reason JFK was killed.
    [/b][/quote]
    And awaaaaaay we go&#33;

The train and track thus part company, heading for yet another artificial horizon.......
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by JPaul@16 June 2003 - 17:41
    I think that the way JFK led his life and the manner of his death it was inevitable that this would happen.

It&#39;s one of these situations where it is easier to get groups of people to believe things which they fundamentally want to believe in the first place. It is in fact a true life story as entertaining as any X-Files plot.

I personally believe that the JFK conspiracy theory was in fact a conspiracy. I believe that the conspiracy theory was put in place to make the US citizens so engrossed in this that they ignored other things which were happening.

Whatever else may be true JFK was a charismatic man who was loved by many. His untimely death was an opportunity for people to deflect the attention from the real world. The theory only served to extend that period. Flippin heck it is still going on.
    I agree... esp. about the &#39;still going on&#39; part. It won&#39;t end until the gov&#39;t releases the whole truth to the public. Until that time, people are going to speculate about what really happened. I&#39;ve heard people point at the Vietnam War as a reason, and I&#39;ve also heard people point at labor relations and union situations at the time as a reason. The best explanation, which is the one I posted previously, is one that I came up with. Not many people have publicly came out and said it might have something to do with segregation, but it is the one thing that carried enough hatred and malice at the time as to warrant JFK&#39;s assassination. The passion and ferver in which white Americans fought segregation with would have been plenty of motivation.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast