Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irc Network, New Gui & Program.

I live in england, and i get slow speeds... is this to do with the main servers being in USA?? or am i just choosing the wrong servers?

Holte

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok it depends.

what connection are you on for a start.

also if a bot has 100KBs max transfer speed and your the only 1 on (so before you connect he will have 1/1 under slots) then you should get 100KBs (if you connection can handle that). But if he has got 100KBs max transfer speed but before you connect to him it says he has 1/10 slots, then when you connect he will have 10/10 slots divide that by 100KBs, and that leaves everyone connected with just 10KBs each.

So your download will just go 10KBs until someone finishes the file or you get sick and cancel it.

Using packetseek ive seen 250KBs on my 132KBs connection, it didnt last very long maybe a couple of minutes buit it ws good to see while it lasted.

so what you are idealy looking for is someone with a fast connection, with at least 1 slot open but not a lot of total slots.

hope this helps,

stoi

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    does packetseek have spy/adware???

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    no

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i know this is a noob question but how do i resume a donwlaod on mirc. i have it set to auto get and "if file exist" resume in the option menu but it never resume. it just says in the download box "requesting resume" after a couple minute it say "connection fail" so how do i resume.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12