Thread: Looking for Tranxit

I really don't know what I'm doing here. I'm looking for a downloadable copy of an ancient program called Tranxit. I have some files on an old IBM thinkpad running Windows 95 and it has Tranxit also. I don't have the network card for this machine, but I have parallel and serial cables and supposedly that program will transfer files in that way. The receiving machine also needs to have Tranxit and that's my problem. Can anyone help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can transfer files between computers using a null-modem serial cable and hyperterminal. Hyperterminal is included with win95.
    You have to manually start a transfer for each individual file which is a pain for lots of files. You can use hyperterminal to transfer a better program or zip up your files.

You can also send a file over serial using a dos command. I forget exactly how, somthing like copy setup.exe COM1 or type setup.exe >COM1
    You have to ctrl-C it after it has sent all the data.

There is also the option of taking the harddrive out of the laptop and connecting it to another computer with a 2.5" to 3.5" adapator. Transfering the drive from a win95 era thinkpad is a pain because you have to disassemble the drive caddy and you may have to mess with cable select.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.