Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which One Better For Games?

xp works great with most of the games. it depends on the system 2

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    xp, no doubt

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Win2K Vs WinXP

And here's a comparison of Win2K Vs WinXP in the VIA Arena Quake III map (which is by the way available for download here). These benchmarks are not surprising as we see very little performance difference between the two operating systems. The reason is, we are using the same drivers on both operating systems. I installed the 4.35 4in1 drivers on Win2K after installing service pack 2. Windows XP has the same drivers built in. The 4.35 4in1 drivers do, however fix some ACPI power management issues with XP and they also contain a silent install of the 686b/Sound Blaster Live patch for XP. These benchmarks were not run on the Xtreme Machine but on my test bed with a 1.7GHz P4 and a VIA P4X266 reference board.

Windows 2K wins by a nose:

....over WinXP:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I just realized that if I place my ear just above the rim of my glass, you get the seashell
    sound effect.

You should use XP. 2000, like NT, was really never designed for home use. Many games
    don't work with 2K, those that do usually have to have extra patches. But it's a stable
    and clean OS (mostly). I use 2000 at work and XP Pro at home.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i used win2000 on my old comp and had no probs with compatiably or stability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12