Thread: Question About Adding A New Hdd

Poster
    Okay I would also like to add another hd, but i was wondering if i could rearrange the letters assigned to each drive. See I have a 60 gig hd partitioned for backup reasons. So I have a C:\ and D:\ drives off the bat add my cd-rom which is E:\ and the floppy drive F:\. I would like to add another hd and make it drive E:\ then switch cd-rom to F:\ and then floppy to G:\. Can i do this if so how?
    Thx 4 ne help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    No, that HD is a good choice.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    No to me or him?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by velcrom@14 June 2003 - 14:02
    Thanks to all for your expertise

I have ordered my drive [ as I couldn't find one to download - even on e mule  ]

This is the one I got

Western Digital Caviar SE 40Gb UIDE 100 7200rpm 8mb Cache Disk Drive

Now you're all going to tell me it's c**p 
    Excellent choice, in my opinion.

You should have a look at the Hardware Verifieds here though - there's some good stuff. Here's an example:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by gbfan@16 June 2003 - 06:13
    Okay I would also like to add another hd, but i was wondering if i could rearrange the letters assigned to each drive. See I have a 60 gig hd partitioned for backup reasons. So I have a C:\ and D:\ drives off the bat add my cd-rom which is E:\ and the floppy drive F:\. I would like to add another hd and make it drive E:\ then switch cd-rom to F:\ and then floppy to G:\. Can i do this if so how?
    Thx 4 ne help
    install partition magic 8, and it'll do all of this nice and easy (hell, if i can do it, anyone can )

look about in verifieds, sure its there !
    <insert signature here>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Okay Thx man. It&#39;ll be a little while before I can tell you of any results as i am poor white trash and i&#39;m going for the 200 gig extra hd, but i will let you know of any results when i can.