Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cdr

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Does anyone use Imation Cdr's? I bought a spindle cause they were on sale and now I know why they were on sale. When I record a music cd during playback it sounds horrible, loud noises and pops make it impossible to listen to. This is not just me, my friend also bought a spindle and he is having the same trouble. I have tried recording at different speeds, and recording music in mp3 format same thing. Has anyone else experienced this? I wasn't sure where this question would belong, so no flaming pls.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i got some of them. i find they work best if you write slower than 20 speed

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Write at a VERY slow speed. Use DEEP burning, if your burner supports it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ive had 200 of these, and they are great, but that might be because i can only burn at 4x max with my cdrw.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Ive quite nicely burnt around 300 of these, mostly at 48 spin, though I sometimes lower it to 40 for movies.

did u check its not the MP3 quality?
    <insert signature here>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    The quality of my mp3&#39;s are 192 and on up. I also have tried recording at different speeds. Like I said its not just mine, a friend of mine has a Yamaha burner and its doing that same thing. Might have been a bad batch of cd&#39;s?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    its true that bad batches occur, maybe try another brand for a while, and then try them again later. I get 25 spindles to try a brand (its a little more, but worth it) before i buy in bulk
    <insert signature here>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i got a 50 spindle of the 48x ones, my drive only goes up to 32x tho. they sound just like regular audio cds to me. maybe ur cds and/or drive is crap?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    TRshady
    Yeah, it could be your cd writer. I have a few imitations cd-r&#39;s and burn them fine at 48x so I dont think its the quality of them thats causing the problem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I buy them Cds, bought a batch of CDRWs & the actual CD (not the case) said it was a CDR, anyway they were CDRWs, have bought them several times only had this happen once so maybe you too got a bad batch, but your batches &#39;fault&#39; was quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast