Thread: Help with rar files from Newsleecher

myminpins's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

I'm a new user of newsgroups and new to Newsleecher but something is not making sense to me.

I downloaded a show today and the rar files were NOT complete. I looked and the "news" page tells me file not found, etc., etc. (I can show you a screenshot if you like)

I know these files are good because I've been talking to two other people who have downloaded these exact same files today using newsleecher and had no problelms with them. They worked fine.

They are in different countries from me and use different ISPs but they are the exact same files.

Can someone give me a clue where to start??? I don't even know what to check.

By the way, I've been downloading torrents for years and know my computer inside out, upside down and backwards so nothing is blocking it, nothing is preventing it from working right but I don't know what's up.

Is this possibly a Vista thing????? I hope not. I'm using Vista Ultimate but I dual boot with XP so can use XP if I absolutely have to but would rather not. I haven't used XP in weeks now

Thank you very much!!!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Shakita's Avatar Member
    I'm one of the people who downloaded the same files as you without any problems but I'm also relatively new to newsgroups so unfortunately I have no idea why yours failed sorry.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    are they missing blocks... incomplete. That's why you have PAR files for download so you can fix the bad rar parts. Google for QuickPar. Little useful program for fixing the incomplete parts

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    myminpins's Avatar Poster
    I did get QuickPar but it was too many. I found out it was my ISPs newsgroup server - it sucks I purchased a "real" one and it worked fine so I guess I don't get off free. Thank you
    Last edited by myminpins; 06-29-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost