Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: How Do You Justify Stealing Copy Righted Property?

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheDave+16 June 2003 - 21:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave &#064; 16 June 2003 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazy_billy_bats@16 June 2003 - 21:38
    whilst eating copious amounts of haagen dazs, i hasten to add.
    you like that dont you? you ate it the other day [/b][/quote]

ho yeah.....

full tub too.....this babys almost done.....

and watching kingpin too.

beat that with a huge picket sign stick

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Originally posted by loz@16 June 2003 - 21:27
    Most of the time the stuff I download I would not have bought even if I didn&#39;t have the Internet, hey you know what they might even get more money out of me cos I find something I really like & then go wow I want to pay £20 for this&#33;&#33;.... then again maybe not...
    Loz does make a good point: As to buying the product after download, yeah, maybe not BUT :-

I too download movies and mp3s out of curiosity. Would I go out and buy, say, Legally Blonde? Not likely, but I have watched it, (look I was bored OK?&#33 But no way would that movie have generated any revenue from me whatsoever. I didn&#39;t go to the pictures to see it, I wasn&#39;t going to rent it, even on VHS. So looking at it that way, there was no lost revenue whatsoever from my download.

Since P2P has grown, so has my interest in movies. I watch more now than I ever did, because they are there. Take the free movies away from me, it won&#39;t mean I go out buying DVDs like there&#39;s no tomorrow&#33; I&#39;ll just do what I still do, watch only the better films at the cinema, difference is I&#39;ll go back to ignoring the middle-of-the-road stuff.

If I really can&#39;t get hold of a movie I want, I&#39;ll do as always used to - I buy it (amazon marketplace or ebay, 2nd hand). The film industry has had no more and no less from me because of P2P.

As for music, hey, who remembers bow wow wow? C30,C60,C90 go? It&#39;s still a recording media&#33; And there&#39;s still the record library&#33; So no, the music industry hasn&#39;t lost my money either&#33; If it&#39;s a small independant (this means not part of some EMI conglomorate) label, THEN I&#39;ll buy it, mostly because it&#39;s cheaper anyway, but yes, they do deserve my money.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789