Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shutdown!

How do I edit how long it takes my pc to shutdown?? I know you have to type something into RUN but i cant remember wat please could someone tell me. Thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Here' is the quickest way to shutdown your computer. Actually two ways... First way, hold the big ass button on your cpu down for a few seconds. Wow that was fast, now for even faster. Pull the plug. Amazing, INSTANT shutdown Actually never heard of the RUN thing to shut it down faster. The more programs and stuff you have running, the longer it takes to shutdown the computer because it has to close and stop all that crap.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    OK, well you can change the time it takes to close applications by going to run typing in something which brings up aload of stuff you can edit but I cant remember what I have to type in!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    regedit perhaps?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thank you thats it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Wouldn't bother with regedit. Try xp-antispy .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    sounds like linux not windows to me.

Code:
    halt -20
    that will shut it down in 20 seconds time but i do not think there is a win version.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I have the opposite problem.

My computer starts into Windows less than 15 seconds, from the time I press the 'ON' button! i can run most programs immediately.

But one problem, a few programs won't start up right away, for some reason. This only happens on the initial startup. I have a feeling that it may be my capture card loading the Windows drivers, but not sure.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    i use a normal shutdown, can anybody tell me how 2 shutdown using run command

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you cant as far as i know

it uses a reg key to shutdown your pc i used to know it off by heart because i deleted it off my pc for a laugh one day and shutdown no longer worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast