Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Sites....WTF?

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    That sucks about what happened to you but I have never donated to TL ever and whenever I PM a staff they get right back to me. sounds like you just had a bad experience!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by mforcex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gish View Post

TL has great staff and what policies are you talking about?
    as far as FSC if anything they need more seeders, not more leechers. got it backwards!
    Anytime I ever went to help I got some asshole to talk to. I was also IP banned and had my account disabled, for not breaking any rules, and when I finally got into their IRC 20 minutes later, I was unbanned when they saw they had made a mistake. I thought torrent sites usually check the facts before totally banning innocent people, especially power users. Sure I got my account back, but having to deal with bullshit just sucks.

BTW, TL is a P2L site, so don't you find it a little suspicious that they mistakenly ban people who don't pay?
    TL is great, anyone who says otherwise is full of crap. Their pre times are amoung the best, and as long as theres no cheaters in your up/downline you will be fine. Every site has had people ban'd for mistakes, you can't get around this with a userbase that size, if you think you can, go make your own site and find out how much of a pain it is to administer that many users.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tindron View Post
    did i say i was the only uploader?, did i, you blithering idiot, and i know i choose to upload, are u stupid?

try answering the question or giving an opinion instead of having a go at me..

where is your point? where...did i say i was getting out of torrents...i was making a personal observation on torrent sites as i see it, why dont u give an opinion on torrent sites without refering to my views, which i think im entitled to...

i was just kicking the ball off...try keeping it going without your 2 year old attitude....

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Right, are some people here stupid???...i spend over $150 a month on dedicated servers, my isp etc. have uploaded over 65TB on about 8 different trackers so dont reply with your lame crap

i dont need to seed back coz im the guy your downloading from on all the best trackers.
    so dont come on here saying your paying out if u have a torrent site, who`s doing your uploading, eh who u idiots...

it the general torrenter that keeps your sites going, and i for 1 am sick of your bitching,

im criticising a free service, well its not free for me like i said, so imo i have a right to moan as i pay out each month more that most do, why are some torrent people so arrogant, u think i was a n00b???

what i said is all true, its about time some of u read what i said, thought about it for more than 5 seconds and come up witha lucid, thoughtful answer/opinion.

some of the torrent community is failing, mostly the so called big sites, them,you and i as and uploader, whats wrong well im not sure, thought i could start a conversation about it, obviously not...

I see spending that money makes you bitter....

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well, bittorrent is the new Kazaa - all the pneubs are using it. FFS, my Grandmother uses bittorrent and she doesn't even know how to properly shut down her computer.

Reward yourself and move on to newsgroups like the rest of the old-schoolers have.
    I could not agree more Bittorrent is becoming the new kazaa, now everyone uses it Theres also tons of people buying 100mbit seedboxes to keep a good ratio but guess what... nobody needs 20 fucking 100mbit servers on one torrent!! If your gonna pay money to download, instead of buying a seedbox just pay for access to usenet, its cheaper and far better imo Not to mention how much more secure it is over bittorrent NewsGroups is were all the smart people are, bittorrent is where the newbies are. Remember, you never know who your downloading from on bittorrent
    Last edited by torrentguy; 06-30-2007 at 05:01 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    anyone up for some yahoo pool?
    Alright.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well, bittorrent is the new Kazaa - all the pneubs are using it. FFS, my Grandmother uses bittorrent and she doesn't even know how to properly shut down her computer.

Reward yourself and move on to newsgroups like the rest of the old-schoolers have.
    I could not agree more Bittorrent is becoming the new kazaa, now everyone uses it Theres also tons of people buying 100mbit seedboxes to keep a good ratio but guess what... nobody needs 20 fucking 100mbit servers on one torrent!! If your gonna pay money to download, instead of buying a seedbox just pay for access to usenet, its cheaper and far better imo Not to mention how much more secure it is over bittorrent NewsGroups is were all the smart people are, bittorrent is where the newbies are. Remember, you never know who your downloading from on bittorrent
    newsgroups are fine, but your theory on bt is flawed. you make it sound very dangerous cause your dling from peers. Problem is, on private sites, if you dont dl, or upload, you will be disabled. If the riaa / mpaa makes an account and uploads or downloads content, they are breaking the law. Only thing they can do is jump on torrents and not dl anything just to see the peers. Yea, that account is gunna last real long time on a private site huh?
    This is why they make rules on inactivity and such. Private sites are relitivly safe, and if you belong to one of the smaller less known private sites, your safer still.

Not 100%, but I have never seen anyone get a letter saying You were making X available on fsc. Its always demonoid or some public tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Let's not forget those that try to collect 20+ trackers...these people end up robbing individual sites of their community and seeds/leechers/members/etc...

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    did i say i was the only uploader?, did i, you blithering idiot, and i know i choose to upload, are u stupid?

where is your point? where...did i say i was getting out of torrents...i was making a personal observation on torrent sites as i see it, why dont u give an opinion on torrent sites without refering to my views, which i think im entitled to...

i was just kicking the ball off...try keeping it going without your 2 year old attitude....
    Your implication was that you are THE MAN!!!

i dont need to seed back coz im the guy your downloading from on all the best trackers.
    If that statement is not one indicative of someone with an ego the size of Manhattan, then I don't know what is?

Contrary to what you think, my comments are MY opinions. You are debasing my opinion because it contradicts your own opinions. Tolerance is something you need to learn.

Did I say you were getting out of torrents? No I didn't... My comment was that IF you no longer liked the torrent game, then use NewsGroups like Skizo suggested.

If you no longer like the torrent game, then use NewsGroups like Skizo has suggested.
    Notice the IF at the start of that quote?

Now that was just damn rude. You have a moan about something, and someone contradicts you, so what do you do. You get personal. Hardly the attitude of someone who is supposed to be mature, is it now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    maybe i am the man, but i doubt it, but what has that to do with my original post on torrent sites? NOTHING

everyone has ego, if u say you dont your a liar, if anyone is one single tracker with a ration of over 1.00 then you have ego, you want too look good around your peers, whats wrong with that? NOTHING

the post above has no opinions like the other on the original post of mine, the point of that "opinion" NOTHING

you brought up getting out of torrents in the first place, again the relationship to original post NOTHING

your last "opinion" is worth NOTHING. end of.

you fox, should be put down for all our sakes, because you are the worst kind of poster, you miss the point.....
    you are too cought up in your own ego to get back to the original post and give an opinion....you have yet to do so, will you ever?

this aint about me its about just givin your 5cents, if you dont agree with me fine, but why do you have to tell me why you think im wrong? why not just say what you think on the subject?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast