Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: U Will Not Get Better Than Xp

Poster
    Okay, don't wanna stir up any commotion, but I heard rumor (in, I think PC Gamer Magazine) that the next version of Windows will have anti-pirating software built into it. Is this true? Anyone else heard something similar?

Oh, and please don't flame me if I'm wrong... I know that's the custom around here and all...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Originally posted by Fluffy_Bunny@21 June 2003 - 15:43
    Okay, don't wanna stir up any commotion, but I heard rumor (in, I think PC Gamer Magazine) that the next version of Windows will have anti-pirating software built into it. Is this true? Anyone else heard something similar?

Oh, and please don't flame me if I'm wrong... I know that's the custom around here and all...
    well that would go against xp as xp has built in burning capabilities
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Yep not just the next version of xp, but also future hardware that u buy will all have anti copyright (and also providing additional security) built in. Search google for longhorn or look at some of the other posts in this seciton about longhorn and u should find all hte info u could ever want.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Lol Thanks Bilbo !! I dunno how I keep missing these new posts but I'll give that a try.

RE: Anti piracy,
    it's not quite anti piracy as such. It's been wildly misunderstood although the capabilty will be there. It seems to be one more step in the direction of "quality" control that microsoft has been tightening in the last few builds.
    As in server 2003, It Will crash and die horribly if you install the wrong, or Non Digitaly signed driver. With the new code locked into the hardware, you won't be able to install a "wrong" bit of software and no one else will be able to modify or add any thing that accesses that hardware.
    The hardware will also protect your software and documents as I understand it.

Of course the paranoid approach would be to disbelieve this and assume it's only for the benifit of Microsoft and it's (consumed) partners.

Maybe a wise approach until tested further!!

*since we're getting historical here, Take a look at the past and future of MS and windows ( I remember BOB !! lol ) http://bink.nu/mscodes.htm

Bob!! >>
    http://home.pmt.org/~drose/aw-win3x-16.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345