Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: U Will Not Get Better Than Xp

Poster
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@17 June 2003 - 21:46
    longhorn is still in beta and it will probably have million bugs, but i would sure like to try it.
    Beta? Hell, it was still an alpha version the last time I checked...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@19 June 2003 - 07:50
    i read that it was still in beta or a test version.

Here check it out

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    No, XP isn't perfect, but surely it has to be a great improvement on everything that came before, and don't we all remember the hours of frustration trying to get previous operating systems to work at all. I for one am really happy with XP, if only because it is the best that is available at the moment, and lets me get on with the important stuff......like work.......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    BANNED
    Originally posted by MetroStars@16 June 2003 - 21:36

home and pro are basically the same, i think xp is pretty good to, but ti still sucks a bit, a like my os to be sleek. xp takes far to long to boot etc, im gonna try winme with 98lite.
    I can't beleve u r going 2 downgrade 2 win me... that was the worst ever...

but hey it's your computer

Metro..ur mad i agree with livy i ran me for yrs without much probs..if i wasnt
    so lazy and likin' these curves and colours i go back

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    I say XP rocks. Best yet. Also I add no problems with windows media player and that's the only player I use except for quicktime for .mov and realplayer for .rm

Also for the guys that said it will downgrade you must have a shitty computer if it takes long to boot etc.

Also longhorn is now in beta stage no alpha version no more. So I guess it's little more stable now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26

I say XP rocks. Best yet. Also I add no problems with windows media player and that's the only player I use except for quicktime for .mov and realplayer for .rm

Also for the guys that said it will downgrade you must have a shitty computer if it takes long to boot etc.

Also longhorn is now in beta stage no alpha version no more. So I guess it's little more stable now

I will back ryanraab on this...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Xp is best windows i have try no problem at all
    but here in middle east still lots of people belive in win98

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@19 June 2003 - 07:50
    buddy u need to no whts going on outside ur own little world and for ur message title no u cant type whatever u want in here.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster

hi there !
    xp is the ultimate !
    but i must say 98se did teach me how to reformat.
    after using xp , i don't think i can do it anymore(reformat)
    regards
    m8t

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Q: When will the Longhorn beta start?
    A: Early 2004. Microsoft will provide developers with a pre-Beta 1 build and the new Longhorn APIs in October 2003 at the Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles. Then, Beta 1 and Beta 2 will ship in 2004, Microsoft says.

Early 2004
    - Longhorn to enter beta testing stage.
    Tried all the sites and resources I know and there is absolutely no mention of any thing more than an upcoming longhorn "prebeta" at this time. I deleted the last news letter from MS without really reading much of it but I would have noticed if there was anything specific to longhorn.

So I don't know where you got your info from but untill I see a confirmation or confidentiallity letter from MS...... I think some appologies might be in order??

No, an article from betas.org or betas.com isn't proof of anything.

They create betas when even MS doesn't know what the hell they're about.
    But this is their latest posting for longhorn >

Windows® CodeName LongHorn - 6.0.4015.0 (main.030328-1500)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast