Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonoid - sea of trouble

Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Resource: http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-...-down-demonoid

Anti-Piracy Organization Tries to Shut Down Demonoid

Written by Ernesto on June 27, 2007 The Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN filed a subpoena against Demonoid’s ISP (Leaseweb) in which they demand that the site will be taken offline. It seems likely that Demonoid’s current downtime is not a hardware problem, they are probably moving to another ISP.

Yesterday we reported that the downtime at demonoid was caused by a harddisk crash, but now it seems that the real reason for the downtime could be a bit more complicated.
    Demonoid is probably relocating to a new “safe haven” as we speak, this also explains why it takes a few days instead of a few hours to get back online (edit: see update).
    Tim Kuik, managing director of BREIN, said in response to the downtime at Demonoid (Dutch link): “They are probably playing hide and seek. We want Leaseweb to take and keep this, and other illegal sites offline.”
    This the the fist time that BREIN takes on one of the bigger BitTorrent sites. Last week they won a lawsuit against Leaseweb in a similar case, this could spell trouble for Demonoid.
    In this case the Amsterdam court decided that Leaseweb had to take down everlasting.nu and hand over the name and address of the owner. Additionally, Leaseweb was forced to take down everlasting.nu, in case the site returns in the near future. The same thing could now happen to Demonoid.
    Nearly 94% of the .torrent files on Demonoid are used to download copyrighted material according to research by TNO. BREIN will probably use this figure in court to convince the Judge that Demonoid is mainly used to download infringing content.
    Update: Demonoid now has a message on the frontpage stating that the downtime is not related to the subpoena.
    Stay tuned for updates
    A malis vituperari laus est.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    fuck the law

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sigh.
    Demoniod is one of the best "easy in" trackers for SO many people and definately my "last resource" search when I can't find something on my normal closed sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    There's a post in the news about this days ago . Your right tho I do miss my Demonoid fix .

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...emonoid-199032

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    maybe they should goto seaworld?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    They will be back, look at the pirate bay. give them about a week!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    garherd's Avatar U CaN SavE HeR BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I miss demonoid too. No matter how many top trackers that I have, Demonoid is still important to me. For most of us, Demonoid was our first major tracker where you could get anything you wanted. A sad day indeed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    I agree.Give it some time.These things doesnt die so easy.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Timer's Avatar Dr. n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by garherd View Post
    For most of us, Demonoid was our first major tracker where you could get anything you wanted. A sad day indeed.
    Not only that, it is also the last resort (before public trackers) when looking for rare stuff you can't on private trackers... (after that comes emule - and that really sad )

hope demonoid returns soon, I miss it already

Code:
    >brain\run g33k.bat
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    damn it all to hell, demonoid rocks with those obscure torrents

let's all hope they survive these wanker attacks
    Alright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast