Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Reasons

The president's dont really know about all the operations until they are already carried out...The Generals carry them out because they belief it is nessecary at the moment. Example...right now General Tommy Franks is in control of US Forces in Iraq.
    You must be joking? America is not some 3rd world country where the military just go off and do their own thing, and if you think toppling the democratically elected Gvt of Chile and installing a homicidal dictator was a one off your mistaken.

How can you describe that as what "the Generals" believe is necessary? If it were a Communist Gvt they toppled I could almost see your point. But these are democratically elected Gvts so there is NO justification.

If you really want to know the causes of terrorism and anti-US sentiment this is the sort of stuff you need to look into. Don't keep on returning to the Trade Centre attack as a justification for invading any country you please. Especially when there is no proven link between that country and the attack.

Afghanistan was the exception to this and thats why all the Western world supported the USA in that area, although it seems most Americans I speak to have conveniently forgotten about that.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    BANNED
    can you say politics, dady's mistacke and oil??

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Anyone got a list of the IRA's activities they can post?

Then tell Darkblizzard who funded them....

THEN point out that UK didnt drop fucking bombs on Irish Republic's towns and cities.

.............because the IRA are INDIVIDUALS, not a fucking country.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@17 June 2003 - 07:47
    Anyone got a list of the IRA's activities they can post?

Then tell Darkblizzard who funded them....

THEN point out that UK didnt drop fucking bombs on Irish Republic's towns and cities.

.............because the IRA are INDIVIDUALS, not a fucking country.
    Well just recently in Northern Ireland one of the biggest bombs ever found here was intercepted in Londonderry i think it was.
    It is thought the IRA or the Continuity IRA were responsible for the transportation of the bomb.
    Some Americans hold fund-raising "evenings" in which to raise money for the CIRA.
    I saw a program on it once.

Almost laughable....but people get killed.
    That aint funny

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Some Americans hold fund-raising "evenings" in which to raise money for the CIRA.

That aint funny
    On the contrary, the Americans must find us Brits very funny. They bombed us in peace time by providing funds for the IRA for over 30 years, then they bombed us when we helped them in Iraq. Twice.

With allies like that who needs enemies? It does raise a good point about 'smart' weapons though, i.e they're only as smart as the weekend warrior who's firing them. It makes you think...how come we never 'accidentally' drop bombs on them?

Perhaps its a conspiracy to keep the UK population under control? What with 60 million people on this little island it is getting a little crowded.

Oh I'm sorry we're being Anti-American again arent we? Naughty us. Lets have a go at the French, thats acceptable and completely different. It'll keep us busy till the next time the US needs us for target practice anyway.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Inept, romantic expatriotism is, to a large extent, responsible for a lot of the funding that the IRA and similar factions have received over the years.
    They have also been funded by the PLO, Cuba and South American drug lords. There has been recent alledged IRA (I won't wade into the alphabet soup) activity in Columbia and other South American countries considered ill at ease on the world stage.
    The network of cash and arms being constantly applied to paramilitaries is a symptom of a much greater global unrest.
    This is nothing new. Terrorists, being by nature pariahs, tend to habour sympathetic politics.
    The UVF have been linked to the National Front and BNP.
    Racketeering will only go so far if you're intent on creating as many corpses as possible. Other avenues must be explored if the war machine needs to be oiled.
    USA's policy of stirring up the Middle East has been ongoing for decades.
    It was a long term solution which is only now coming to fruition. I refer to America and Britains' insertion of an evil dictator in Iraq, the ensuing Iraq/Iran conflict, engineered and sustained by the CIA.
    I won't even mention the recent barbarity as I'm still nauseous from it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@17 June 2003 - 03:18

That aint funny
    On the contrary, the Americans must find us Brits very funny. They bombed us in peace time by providing funds for the IRA for over 30 years, then they bombed us when we helped them in Iraq. Twice.

With allies like that who needs enemies? It does raise a good point about 'smart' weapons though, i.e they're only as smart as the weekend warrior who's firing them. It makes you think...how come we never 'accidentally' drop bombs on them?

Perhaps its a conspiracy to keep the UK population under control? What with 60 million people on this little island it is getting a little crowded.

Oh I'm sorry we're being Anti-American again arent we? Naughty us. Lets have a go at the French, thats acceptable and completely different. It'll keep us busy till the next time the US needs us for target practice anyway.
    Brits wish to keep a strong allie ( USA ) so thats why they dont 'accidently' drop a bomb on america...anyway...i dont really see any reason for them flying over the USA and accidently dropping a bomb..( well maybe if they are flying to a USA air base or something) but if a plane drops a bomb its gonna get shot down right when it does it no matter what country its from.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@17 June 2003 - 08:18

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

We cant speak out against the Americans.....too naughty as you say...

The people of my country have suffered 30 years of a civil war (this could be debated endlessley....) and violence, and as you say the Americans have contributed to this because of their fund raising. For terrorists. For killers, murderers and drug dealers.

And they're still doing it !!

Or maybe they have stopped their raising of funds for the "Irish Nationalists", or the ones that are for "irish independance", im not sure quite how they put it.
    I think a lot of them put it down to their "irish ancestory" - call themselves "Irish americans" - now thats, funny.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+17 June 2003 - 03:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 17 June 2003 - 03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-evilbagpuss@17 June 2003 - 08:18

With allies like that who needs enemies? It does raise a good point about &#39;smart&#39; weapons though, i.e they&#39;re only as smart as the weekend warrior who&#39;s firing them. It makes you think...how come we never &#39;accidentally&#39; drop bombs on them?

Oh I&#39;m sorry we&#39;re being Anti-American again arent we? Naughty us. Lets have a go at the French, thats acceptable and completely different. It&#39;ll keep us busy till the next time the US needs us for target practice anyway.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

We cant speak out against the Americans.....too naughty as you say...

The people of my country have suffered 30 years of a civil war (this could be debated endlessley....) and violence, and as you say the Americans have contributed to this because of their fund raising. For terrorists. For killers, murderers and drug dealers.

And they&#39;re still doing it &#33;&#33;

Or maybe they have stopped their raising of funds for the "Irish Nationalists", or the ones that are for "irish independance", im not sure quite how they put it.
    I think a lot of them put it down to their "irish ancestory" - call themselves "Irish americans" - now thats, funny. [/b][/quote]
    who in america funds for it?.....The America Government Directly?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@17 June 2003 - 08:28

who in america funds for it?.....The America Government Directly?
    Im not sure.

Normal people, business men, etc, which im sure have several ties to the government.

But i doubt directly from the government.

That doesnt deny the fact that Americans are funding terrorists here.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast