Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: America's Reasons

Poster
    I think Americans just don't want to take crap from terrorists and such. Other countries that are used to terrorists have come to accept that as the norm, thus no real fuss or pressure to eliminate it.

There was no election by the American people. There was not an extra lever in the voting polls for the average American, to use, for attacking Iraq. The only people who decided to attack were the politicians. Yeah, yeah, people voted for them, but once the election is over, the politician can virtually decide what they choose to do, no matter what the poeple want.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Poster
    I thought we had a section to discuss war 'Ongoing US/Coalition vs. Iraq War Discussion'

Move this there.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@17 June 2003 - 16:49
    I thought we had a section to discuss war 'Ongoing US/Coalition vs. Iraq War Discussion'

Move this there.
    Well, the war is over. And Jpaul or somebody will move this discussion there.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@17 June 2003 - 03:25
    The people of my country have suffered 30 years of a civil war (this could be debated endlessley....) and violence, and as you say the Americans have contributed to this because of their fund raising. For terrorists. For killers, murderers and drug dealers.
    Yes, fund-raising for the I.R.A. does go on, and generally takes place in nice, cozy Irish pubs with certain Irish "pseudo-royalty" providing a veil of legitimacy for the activities being conducted "to support the effort back home, don'cha know".

Focus on the name Kennedy for just a moment.

To blame the U.S. for these goings-on, to accuse the U.S. of sanctioning these "events" is to flaunt one's ignorance.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Sorry if you took it that way j2k4.

The thread started with "Muslim males"...not "Iraq" etc...

Was trying to point out "US Citizens" not US Government

Its hard arguing with him....you have to try and sink to the logic he uses.

Next time i'll get my son to argue with him....he's 12; the logic he uses will probably be similar

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik+17 June 2003 - 17:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 17 June 2003 - 17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Somebody1234@17 June 2003 - 16:49
    I thought we had a section to discuss war &#39;Ongoing US/Coalition vs. Iraq War Discussion&#39;

Move this there.
    Well, the war is over. And Jpaul or somebody will move this discussion there. [/b][/quote]
    What does that mean ?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    To blame the U.S. for these goings-on, to accuse the U.S. of sanctioning these "events" is to flaunt one&#39;s ignorance.
    How about this then. Why doesnt the UK Gvt turn a blind eye to fund raising for Al-Queda, lets say for about 30 years? Then when you complain about it we&#39;ll argue that what happens in the UK is not the responsibility of the Gvt.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@17 June 2003 - 12:23
    Sorry if you took it that way j2k4.

The thread started with "Muslim males"...not "Iraq" etc...

Was trying to point out "US Citizens" not US Government

Its hard arguing with him....you have to try and sink to the logic he uses.

Next time i&#39;ll get my son to argue with him....he&#39;s 12; the logic he uses will probably be similar
    No problem with you whatsoever, Rat-

I just can&#39;t understand how some (others) can continually make the mistake of allowing their tongues/fingers out so far ahead of their brains.

I learned long ago (as I believe most of us did) how to think far more quickly than I could speak; or in this case, type.

They shoot/swing/punch/kick/scratch etc. before a worthy target presents itself, then try to cover for their lack of effect by exhibiting pissy behavior.

They are ruled by their glands, I think.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@17 June 2003 - 12:50
    To blame the U.S. for these goings-on, to accuse the U.S. of sanctioning these "events" is to flaunt one&#39;s ignorance.
    How about this then. Why doesnt the UK Gvt turn a blind eye to fund raising for Al-Queda, lets say for about 30 years? Then when you complain about it we&#39;ll argue that what happens in the UK is not the responsibility of the Gvt.
    EBP-

The degree of pure contrarianism you demonstrate continues to amaze.

Should you ever become P.M., we will know the end is nigh.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    The degree of pure contrarianism you demonstrate continues to amaze.
    hehe, thats the 2nd time you&#39;ve used that word without explaining yourself. What was it about my post that you believed defies conventional wisdom? This is the 2nd time I&#39;ve been forced to ask you that. Any chance of an explanation or are you going to continue making irrelevant statements?

Are your implying that the US Gvt is incapable of stopping IRA fund raising that has been going on for over 3 decades? If that doesnt defy conventional wisdom I dont know what does.

I see a pattern emerging here.. when you get backed into a corner and cant defend your views you break out the thesaurus.

edited: typo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast