Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seedbox from Leeware

salambin's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    hi all,
    i want to get a seedbox from Leeware VPS100 or VP200.
    is this good for torrent?i use TL.
    what is average speed?
    can i set a ftp server on it?
    r they sensitive to stuff that i download(copyright issue)?

and if it's not very good what is your offer in this price(lower than 50$)?

thanks alot

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Search, you will find tons of stuff about Leeware.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Loads of stuff by searching. But basically, Leeware is ok but not that great - Vectoral is much bettre but a bit more expensive

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Leeware is good if you want consistent speeds without worrying about using up your home bandwidth.

It really depends all on the torrent you're seeding as to what speeds you're gonna get. You see people all the time bitching b/c they're only getting 30-40k/sec w/ Leeware. Well the fact is that on that particular torrent... you're not gonna get faster than that with any server you're on.

The truth is at best, meaning a torrent that has a good leecher ratio, you'll probably max out at about 300-400k/sec upload. You'll see people talking about getting 5-6mb/sec upload... but that's not true outbound bandwidth. I guarantee you that is internal trading (meaning that someone else with a Leeware box is pulling from you). Same with download speeds.

Leeware has FTP built in... so you will need to consistently pull your stuff off of the drive to save your 20gigs of hard drive space.

There is a great tutorial on how to set up your Leeware box... use the search function of this forum to find out more.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I found this while searching the other day www.tdownload.org basicly they set you up with Torrentflux on one of there servers. There prices vary depending on how many torrents you want to run at once and how much HDD disk space you want. But they give you sure upload speed of 250kb/s at all times which is more than leeware can say they can give you at all times. I have not used the above company yet but I am sure too in the next few weeks. If noone else has used them by then I will post back feedback on them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    MaAiFu's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frell View Post
    I found this while searching the other day www.tdownload.org basicly they set you up with Torrentflux on one of there servers. There prices vary depending on how many torrents you want to run at once and how much HDD disk space you want. But they give you sure upload speed of 250kb/s at all times which is more than leeware can say they can give you at all times. I have not used the above company yet but I am sure too in the next few weeks. If noone else has used them by then I will post back feedback on them.
    that looks pretty good, esp. if they do garuntee 250k/s at all times. i might give it a go, do u know if they r trustable? i.e. they r not just some scam site r they?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You'll be good. When I download from TL on my leeware it uploads VERY fast.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    salambin's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    upload speed is not important for me because at this time i just use TL and i'm VIP at it so i dont need to seeding.download speed is more important for me.
    although when i transfer stuff to my local computer upload speed is important.
    can i use some ftp client on Leeware to transfer stuff from another ftp to my seedbox?
    thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by salambin View Post
    upload speed is not important for me because at this time i just use TL and i'm VIP at it so i dont need to seeding.download speed is more important for me.
    although when i transfer stuff to my local computer upload speed is important.
    can i use some ftp client on Leeware to transfer stuff from another ftp to my seedbox?
    thanks
    As long as you install an FTP client on Leeware I don't see why you wouldn't

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    If you don't care about upload then don't get a seedbox. The fastest you can get it to your computer is as fast as your home connection which TL will max easily. Adding a seedbox no matter how fast will only slow down your downloading because you not only have to wait for the time to download it from your seedbox but you have to wait for your seedbox to download it first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast