Thread: Will Nolf 2 And Mafia Work On A Geforce 4 Mx440?

Poster
    I have a P4 1.7ghz, 256 ram and the Mx440... Awhile ago a friend lent me those 2 games, and they ran like absolute shit... I think this was because the sound drivers I was using were conflicting with the 3D card, after I gave the games back, I started playing games like Ghost Recon and Undying...Those games ran like utter shit, so I got rid of those sound drivers and installed old ones...Straight away those games ran absolutly beautifully. Do you NOLF 2 and Mafia will run well now as well?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    I have Mafia and it runs great, no lags or nothing! Just lower the Draw Distance a little if your having slow downs. I don't know about the other game.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    What are your pc's specs? You see, the reason I got new sound drivers, was because the sound was fucked in Mafia!!! whenever I shot/hit someone or an NPC spoke, the sound was played incredibly fast, but other sounds played fine, EG, voice-overs in cutscenes and stuff.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    my mafia use 2 work fine on my geforce 4 mx440 64mb ddr

but now ive upgraded 2 a geforce 4 ti4800 128mb ddr and boy it makes a mx440 look like a sega master system

ti's rule..GET ONE..altho saying that the new geforce fx is even better than the ti

fuck Derby County

5. Games   -   #5
    bothg games run great on your system it worked by me too!!

6. Games   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    What kind of sound card do you have? It might be time to upgrade.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Avance onboard sound-card...Sound doesn't need to be amazing for me in games, just as long as it works.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Games   -   #8
    DICKWAD
    PENTIUMS SUCK , AMDs ARE ALOT BETTER and i got same grafix card and it works ok

9. Games   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Vamp@18 June 2003 - 03:54
    Avance onboard sound-card...Sound doesn't need to be amazing for me in games, just as long as it works.
    I feel the same way. However, the onboard sound might be the reason why your games don't play right. It might help if you get a cheap Soundblaster instead. I have a PCI128 and a Geforce4 MX440, and I never have problems playing newer games (though I haven't tried the two that you mentioned). GTA3, Vice City, RTCW, Max Payne, NOLF, and Jedi Outcast all play fine on my 550 Mhz PIII.

Check out the soundcards at...

http://www.pricewatch.com/

10. Games   -   #10
    forq2
    that sucks for me. i got a geforce2 ti on a p3 600 and mafia is choppy so i never play the game. my padre has a 1.5 gighz with gf mx420 and 768 meg ram while i have 512 and mine runs better than his but his vid card blows. i have been meaning to upgrade my pc but i need $800 and i dont got that cash