Thread: PowerISO is SH*T!

I spent half of my morning trying to play Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT. I got the iso's from thepiratebay.org, mounted them with PowerISO and successfully installed the classic and expansion versions. But then when I tried to launch TFT by double clicking on PowerISO's virtual drive, and error got slammed in my face that I didn't have the CD in. Bull shit.
    I tried using No-CD cracks from a bunch of different places, and even made sure I updated Warcraft 3 to v1.21a, but I no matter what I did I couldn't get on B.net (I have a valid cd-key... I just misplaced the CDs!!). Although I successfully got the game running, the updates and the no-cd patches that I tried were never compatible.

Pissed off and frustrated, I did some forum searching and decided to try another virtual image mounter... Alcohol 120%. Well, long story short it worked perfectly.
    I mounted the images, installed the game, launched the game with Alcohol's virtual drive, installed the game updates through battle.net, and now I am playing DotA with my buddies Word of advice... if you can, mount a cd image. No-CD cracks are more trouble than they're worth

All in all, screw PowerISO
    Last edited by Brenya; 07-01-2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can I curse? FUCK!
    MagicISO works for me.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    PowerISO is shit because it failed to mount one game for you? That's a bit harsh.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    one game, yes, but both isos!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    one game, yes, but both isos!
    Nevertheless it probably works with a lot of other software.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Calm down there sparky. In any case I prefer UltraISO for extracting and other general stuff but for mounting images nothing comes close to daemon tools. Free and easy.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    MoCca's Avatar BestShare Staff BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    yep daemon tools work just fine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I too use DT.
    I've never really trusted cracked executables and leaked serials in burning software; not because the crackers might mess but years ago some software used to have time bombs or hidden caveats... it had been strongly suggested some burning progs would deliberately foul up a high percentage of burns if they'd detected blacklisted serials or exe tampering.
    Nowadays I just play the blank disc lottery where you're never quite sure if you've bought fake TY/Maxell/TDK discs until you're examining the coasters.