Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Quick Bt Questions.

Poster
    I just got BT:

Is it possible to get ultra fast speeds with it? I have an ADSL line, I've downloaded 2 files and the fastest they've seemed to go is 6 KB/s

When ever I start downloading a torrent and it comes up with that quick few KB download screen, I get an error message that says "download to specified path is denied" or something like that, but then I'll get the dialog asking where I want to download to and the BT gui comes up and I can see it start downloading, but is that error message a problem? I think it downloads to my TEMP folder

Are all the torrent sites available on this site?

http://members.chello.nl/~p.wiersema/list.html
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Hey Vamp,

I'm going to move this thread to the Other P2P File Sharing category as the site is based for Kazaalite. Please use that area designated for any filesharing related question, etc not related directly to kazaalite.

As for speeds, as they say your download is equal to your upload on BT. Once download starts, give it a few minutes or so and the speeds will increase in time. If the file is downloading, the error message can be ignored, I have had error messages appear but still received the file with no issues. If the file is not downloading, cancel and start again, just insure to point it to the same file. BT will allocate space for a file downloaded, so if you get a file that is 500MB it will reserve 500MB for the file, placing file in another location will cause BT to allocate another 500MB = total of 1G of space reserved for the file. If you choose not to keep the file, make sure you delete that file reserved space to get your HD space back. Get my drift? B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The download speed is increashed to how much you have uploaded.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    How do I upload
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@17 June 2003 - 18:00
    How do I upload
    It does it automatically.

That's how it works, you share your partial files with others.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    and if it gets curopt it will re download that part (hash part)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@17 June 2003 - 16:23
    The download speed is increashed to how much you have uploaded.
    no its not, well not with the experimental bit client anyway, ive seen it on unlimited and only getting 5KBs downlod but 30KBs upload, then i put it to dialup connection and it will shoot up to 100KBs+ download to 5KBs upload.

stoi

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    WEll, I havnt downloaded anything really, just tried it out, but I've only gotten speeds of like 5kb/s and I'm on ADSL...So you saying I don't get extra bandwith by uploading? Also, how do I resume a file? Do I have to find the torrent site with that link again, or can I do something with the partial file hash?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok what i do with all the torrents i download, is right click on the link and save the torrent to my hdd, i then open it with torrentspy to see if there are any seeders and if so how many and how many leechers, because if there is onlt 1 seeder and 1000 leechers then your speed isnt going to go very fast.

I also use torrent spy to see what files are in the torrent, as somethime movies only have the name of the film.torrent not what filetyupe it is, so i use torrent spy to see if its an .avi or a .svcd as im only interested in svcd.

If its what i want i then open it with my bt client point it to the folder i want it to go to and select ok, resuming is the same procedure, as its on my hard drive i dont have to go searching sites for the correct link, just open it with the bt client again and point it to the same folder, and it will check eisting file and start to download again

stoi

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Ive gotten some good speeds on BT.You just have to check to see howmany seeders there are,as stated above if there is one seeder and 1000 leechers you aren't going to get it very fast.I downloaded both halfs of the Hulk at over 100kb/s.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast