Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    How many hours sleep do you have a day? How long does it take you to fall asleep once you hit the bed?

I sleep around 6-8 hours a day and it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep! (for some reason)
    Last edited by Elvenmunky; 07-03-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Weird.

I think most of us sleep at night

I sleep for about 6 hours a night, but I find it hard to fall asleep, so I usually have to read a few chapters of a book before I do so. Eventually, I will feel my eyes drooping, and so I put the book down, and I'm asleep within 10 minutes.

I usually have the radio on low too, in sleep mode (it turns off by itself after 30 minutes), but that is not a pre-requisite.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    depends where im sleeping, at home its about 4 or 5 due to gym and work which is a bit shit

/usually fall asleep watching south park or something :/

edit: sometimes i'll make an effort to go at lyke 10pm or something, but then i'll just sit down in front of a game/bottle/television sometime before and lewse track of time
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 07-03-2007 at 03:26 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    It takes me a while to shut myself down from going all day. I usually get to bed around midnight to 0130 in the morning and rise at 0630 for work. I try not to head to bed until I am tired as hell, cause it annoys the hell out of me to be laying there "trying" to fall asleep. On the weekend I will fall asleep around the same time, but will not get out of bed till 1100 or so.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I sleep around 4 am and wake up around 11 am. I have an evening work schedule, thats why.

But yeah, it takes me a while to fall asleep too depending on how tired I am. Its specially worse when there's pressure to wake up early in the morning or a significant event is coming the next day.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Its specially worse when there's pressure to wake up early in the morning or a significant event is coming the next day.
    i find that too. i also think about things a lot which also adds minutes to my dropping off time.
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i sleep 7 hours then later i have a three hour sleep then another 3 if I'm feeling tired

8. Lounge   -   #8
    myminpins's Avatar Poster
    I sleep 8 to 9 hrs a night and fall asleep within 10 mins or so. I learned how to crash quickly after I had kids, especially after my son, who used to wake up every 2 hours for months and months. You learn to go back to sleep ASAP or die from lack of sleep

I can get to sleep no matter what within 15 mins now. Before my kids, though, no way.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    go to sleep 2-3am wake up 7am for work :\
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

10. Lounge   -   #10
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Usually 6-8 hours of sleep a night and I can get to sleep within 15 minutes.

+beer = 10+ hours of sleep and I am usually asleep before I reach the bed.

+lots of food = maybe an additional power nap.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast