Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any1 give some tips on seeding?

MaAiFu's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +5
    hi, recently bought a seedbox, but im having real problems seeding on sites like oink, trancetraffic, and esp. sct! i have tried everything, organizing torrents by seeders, and pick the ones with highest leechers and lowest seeder, with partial seeding, i.e. only download some RAR/tracks from albums/movies/packs.

but for some reason the speed is always low or only high for a short amount of time. however on swedvdr, fb, ftn etc... im getting sick speeds with the same method...

does any1 have any ideas on seeding at TT, oink, sct at all? any would be appreciated! thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I don't know about TT or ScT but on OiNK it's pretty hard to upload at max speeds if you have a seedbox/decent upload. Just keep the torrents running and hope for the best, this is what I've gotten in three weeks with a max up of 60kb/s.

Ratio: 8.3** Uploaded: 7.7* GB Downloaded: ***.** MB

As you can see I haven't even gone into 1GB of downloaded yet and managed almost 10GB upload. Just keep the torrents running is the best advice anyone can give.

Music lover, baby.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LackOfInterest's Avatar O_o BT Rep: +2
    On TT try to grab really popular files really quickly and then just let them seed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    how do u guys tell which torrents r gonna be popular/well leeched? any hints? or just luck of the draw? thanks!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by MaAiFu View Post
    how do u guys tell which torrents r gonna be popular/well leeched? any hints? or just luck of the draw? thanks!
    Which of these are you most likely to download:
    Britney Spears Comedy Tour or Star Wars Episode 7?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    skazany91's Avatar yee, meybe BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i compose torrent per leechers or looking for torrents need seed

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    On oink, you have to watch out for old torrents that have alot of leechers and low seeders, because those ppl are most likely partial seeding.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Oink is a bit tougher to get your ratio up on because typically the torrents aren't very large 50-200mb average. With the speeds there, the torrents fly by and just don't give you a whole lot of actual upload time.

Watch for new releases (F5F5F5F5F5F5) and jump on the ones you 'think' will be popular.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    thanks for the tip guys! managed to reach PU+ on oink today just working on TT now, SCT is gonna be impossible, havn't managed to upload more than 100mb so far...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    there was a very generous guy that gave me 24 hours access to his leeware, and i seeded around 10gb on my friend's TT account.
    my advice, use c4c addon and or rss to jump on files as soon as they're uploaded, flac is also a great idea
    hope ull succeed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast