Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Help A N00b Trying To Burn Cd's

Poster
    I have a CD-R and some disks.
    I have also got a CD Player in my car.

I have been told that although my car is a good one the CD players in all cars are 'cheapy' and only read certain cd-r's.
    Well this person is right! It wont read a music file I copyed.

Can anyone share some tips on how to copy music onto a CD and get it to work in the car?
    Also if anyone can do it, do you mind telling me the brand of the CD-R's you use please?

Thank you so much, Darren.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Music   -   #2
    first off ...what kind of cd player do you have in your car? i have a 4 year old pioneer that works fine for cd-r's. all the newer car raidos will play burned cd-r's, and most will play mp3 cd's. i think the best cd-r to use are memorex ,they work for whatever i am burning

3. Music   -   #3
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Are you sure you burn them files as audio? Not as Data?

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    Well I have a BMW car I am not to sure of the CD player in it.
    I copy some mp3s into Windows Media Player and click 'Copy To CD' which copys them as CD state, See these files will work on my CD Player indoors just not on my car.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

5. Music   -   #5
    maybe you should get a new cd player for your car, make sure it supports burned cd's.

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@17 June 2003 - 22:38
    Well I have a BMW car I am not to sure of the CD player in it.
    I copy some mp3s into Windows Media Player and click 'Copy To CD' which copys them as CD state, See these files will work on my CD Player indoors just not on my car.
    Alot of older cd players,and especially car cd players,will not play burnt cd's.

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    yes I will try a new CD player. No it isnt a old car it's brand new well nearly. it's a BMW Z4 Roadster.

Do you think I should take it to the manufacturs and ask them to fit a top of the range CD player?

8. Music   -   #8
    BANNED
    Yeah I have the same problem u must burn as Audio not dat it has to read mp3 playback otherwise it wont do anything Ive still got old steros I use that are 6 years old and still have to burn as audio anyway I prefer burning as audio its better

why u ask???

becasue u dont have to have gaps in bwtween songs

for example pink floyd you dont want a 2 second gap in bwteen a track that shouldnt be there at least burning as auido you can do that

9. Music   -   #9
    Twist3r
    dude you got a sweet ride!!

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    Ok thanks for all the advice and help guys it means alot to me

Just one more thing, does anyone have any more advice in the way of what burning software to use and if there's a special way I need to use to make it increase the chance of it working in my car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast