Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: For Broadband Users

grant15271
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@17 June 2003 - 19:14
    I have a tip that can realy increase your general dl speeds(some have better results than others).

If your a broadband cable/dsl user.
    Use RegEdit and manualy adjust your recive buffer size.
    set it to 64260. this is for typical latency which is what effects most users.

I f u dont want to manualy edit your registy go to P.C. Pitstop and use there
    Internet Speed Auto Fix.

You can also check your dl and upload speeds before and after u change your recive buffer size.

You should have positive results with this fix!

Peace brotherdoobie B)

If u have recently updated Windows Scripting Host to ver. 5.6 than u might not want ot use the auto-fix but to do it manualy.....btw there is alot of problems associated with the updated version WSH.....
    sorry didnt worl for me i get 59.8 kbs on my bt 512 but maid the changes and slowed down to 50.1 kbs

2. File Sharing   -   #72
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+25 June 2003 - 03:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 25 June 2003 - 03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

<!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie
    @20 June 2003 - 16:13
    I&#39;m sure u meant well but you were probaly tired searching google all night tyring to figure how to add the value to your registry.
    So I will excuse your grumpy,snide comments and blame it on your lack of sleep.
    And I&#39;ll ignore the holier-than-thou talking-to-an-infant remark you just made... [/b][/quote]
    @Cl1mh4224rd....................lol.........Point taken........I should of been more specific naming the entry.
    I also am sorry for the snide commment.

Life is to short........and my list of things to do is long.
    So take care.

P.S. I f u need any advice on how to take
    care of your machine just PM me.
    For Christ&#39;s sake dont try to fix it yourself&#33; B)

Peace brotherdoobie

3. File Sharing   -   #73
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 02:28
    You can optimise this setting and others using TCPOptimizer.
    ok
    wat should tcp buffer size sholud be the defualt one or the size which the owner of this topic posted

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. File Sharing   -   #74
    Poster
    What is the url for the P.C. Pitstop site?

5. File Sharing   -   #75
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

6. File Sharing   -   #76
    see this whole procedure just didnt work for me and that TCP Optimiser wouldnt let me make any changes. any other thoughts on this matter.

7. File Sharing   -   #77
    chalkmongoose
    Hmm... Before I used tcpOptimizer, my connection was rated fantastic. It stayed exactly the same afterwards.
    According to them, it takes me 11.7 seconds to download a one megabyte file.
    I wonder why downloading a 70 meg file off of Kazaa then takes 33 hours?
    Goddamn I hate my life...

8. File Sharing   -   #78
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@1 July 2003 - 19:39
    Hmm... Before I used tcpOptimizer, my connection was rated fantastic. It stayed exactly the same afterwards.
    According to them, it takes me 11.7 seconds to download a one megabyte file.
    I wonder why downloading a 70 meg file off of Kazaa then takes 33 hours?
    Goddamn I hate my life...
    @Chalkmongoose depends on the speed of the person your getting the file from also.

Peace brotherdoobie

9. File Sharing   -   #79
    Originally posted by gothgirl@17 June 2003 - 21:46
    I am having other problems with broadband. When I leave the computer unattended and then return often my network connection settings and password to connect to broadband have changed. Any ideas why?
    Hacked by Chinese

10. File Sharing   -   #80
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mosfos+3 July 2003 - 16:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mosfos @ 3 July 2003 - 16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gothgirl@17 June 2003 - 21:46
    I am having other problems with broadband. When I leave the computer unattended and then return often my network connection settings and password to connect to broadband have changed. Any ideas why?
    Hacked by Chinese [/b][/quote]
    Why the chinese??

Probably osummer boy laden

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast