Thread: Guide To Good Webdesigning & Some Useful Tips

Does anyone knows of a free online tutorial of CSS? Beginners as well as advanced?
    I can use CSS but not an expert in it so would like to know if anyone knows of a good website.
    Thanks!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Another Tip to Add:

Try to stick to XHTML standards, as all this Microsoft crap like <marquee > is just plain awful coding, and isn&#39;t an industry standard, (microsofts way of tryin to ensure everyone uses IE)

check out these:
    http://www.w3.org
    XHTML Referemce Page
    http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    for anyone who wants to know what is really going on in the source;for i.am & others
    the wonder of cascading style sheets; [you should use css on ALL webpages (<font> and other inline controls are [or soon will be] history)]

anyone interested in web design should read;as vivitron indicated, you should learn to validate;
    HTML CSS

enjoy and view source often

Ed. bbcode lists don&#39;t wanna nest correctly [don&#39;t trust Preview Post it lies]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    dude you need to go on your site more my question on there has been there for ages

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    for i.am & others
    the wonder of cascading style sheets;
    Thanks for sharing&#33; echidna.
    Both yours and vivitron 15 links can be very helpful to all webdesigners here.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Also, in the begning I talked about that using tables is not a good idea. Through CSS you can still get the alignment and effect of tables without actually using it.
    Here is the link for that one:
    Tableless Layout - How to