Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cd Speeds

ok, i got a memorex 52/24/52 cd burner and ive used all sorts of burnin progs(ner0,r0xi0, ect..) but i still get low burnin speeds 8-12, i run win98 128mb and i run nothin else but the prog....wat am i doin wrong?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    what's your comp speed? (the clock speed)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    633mhz emachines etower

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Have you enabled DMA in the device manager? Right click on the CD drive icon in device manager and go to properties. Choose DMA And I think you have to reboot to see a difference. Make sure you have 80 conductor IDE cables, not 40. If you can, make sure the CD rom is on a separate IDE from the hard drive.
    Other things can affect burn speed too. Cheap disks and even "good" disks are often over rated.
    Cabs and zips burn slower than common files. Watch the speed in some programs and you'll see the slowdowns and speedups with different data types.

Have you changed the file system properties in system/advanced/file system ?
    There's two choices, desktop or server. The server file system will give you a slight improvement in some areas. You may not even notice a change but it's worth a try.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    WTF!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!! its still writin at a low speed i enabled dma and the server thing

EDIT: i use tdk cds im not sure at the write speed

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    You writing to RW's or R's?? If its RW's you will be getting this low speed, if its R's then try a different make!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    do you know how much of your physical ram nero uses whilst you're burning a disc?
    open task manager when you're burning and it'll give you an idea how much of your ram is being used.
    my nero uses between 75 and 85 MB of my ram, so if you only have 128, you may be running out of physical ram. this would slow performance down noticably.

also, do you know how much free ram you have when your computer is idle?
    if not, task manager will give you an idea

if you have any free ram slots on your motherboard, you may want to think about investing in some more ram

p.s. the task manager display won't work in win98, it doesn't show up free ram
    thanks to balamm*

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Not in win98 it won't.

Check these tools and settings. >
    (And you didn't say which IDE cables you were using.)

WIN9x and NERO

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by balamm*@19 June 2003 - 02:50
    Not in win98 it won't.
    whoopsy

i'll change my original post then
    thanks

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Download PC Booster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast