Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Dsl And Cable..

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    why cant this kind of service be available in the US. People talked about how the government doesnt have these backbone lines, but err.. Goddamit, i just want one of these lines&#33;
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    paul, how much do u pay for your connection?
    i noticed somewhere u sayin you had a 10mbit connection?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Forum Star
    I have one of those 7800 kbit (7 MBit) connections. However that is teh theoretical max speed. It depends on the length of the phonelines and things like that.

The max speed I have is about 500-550 KByte/s. Upload is 50 KByte/s.

EURO 99 / &#036;118 a month.

100 GB total up+down traffic limit.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    no to bad. that bout £65 i think, the fastest in the uk is 2mb cable, thats got 256 up, and thats £50 if u have another service with the same company,(e.g cable tv, or phoneline) £55 if you dont.

edit: unlimited traffic i think though.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by LoveItLive+19 June 2003 - 01:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LoveItLive @ 19 June 2003 - 01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 00:30

are you kidding?

some of the scandanavian countries who have t3 are extremely rich.
    you underestimate other coutries...i wonder why
    Oh yea, the rich people, I meant for those normal people, I am sure you can get t3 in US if you are rich enough. [/b][/quote]
    he probably thinks third world countries are the countries outside of the US...
    I doubt if the US is the country with the best average income...

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    i think switzerland is, that is besides tiny countries like monaco etc.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    this is probably the fastest my kazaalite will ever get on this connection.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    If you wanna know what I am talking about go on direct connect, the people that are sending you a file at well over 100 kb/s, they have something better than cable. whoever said that they are looking at the speed of their NIC, those are not idiots man. Everyone knows what that means. In sweeden, and switz the goverment put in these lines, therfore the companies (some gov&#39;t run) can use the backbones at a much lesser cost than here. You are right all that say in the states that would cost a couple of hundred dollars, and 25 us, in sweeden is not equivelent to that. As for all you that are using cable and can only get up to around 70 kb/s i feel for yeah. I am on cable and get mine up to around 600 consistantly. And no, I do not mean the speed of my network card.

Why the states does not have decent internet, the backbone is owned by one company, time warner, if you look on DSl reports you will see that Road runner is about the 25th fastest connection, AOL is not even on the board. That backbone has not been worked on in years. Compare that to countries that have millions invested and high power backbones, and there you have it.

My suggestion ( I work for a cable internet company) if you feel that your browsing is slow, look into your plan see what you are guaranteed. Pay attention megabit, or megabyte (know what the diffrence is) most cable guarentees a 2mbit connection. Do a speed test - dslreports.com/stest If you are not where you should be Call your ISP and demand that they fix the problem. While you are there check out other ISP&#39;s in your area and there average speeds. I know for two reasons that alot of you are getting ripped off 1. I take your calls for slow browsing, and 2. When i go to do a speed test mu speed is blowing the average away. You were promised speed and cable should be faster that 70 kb/s.

And then there is the issue of download limits, I can have my connection working at top for most of the day, and go over my monthly limit. and at 10bucks a gig. hahaha, I may aswell have a t3 line.

Edit - Igot bites and bytes f*ed up, we all do.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by Jonne+19 June 2003 - 20:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jonne &#064; 19 June 2003 - 20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by LoveItLive@19 June 2003 - 01:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-2nd gen noob
    @19 June 2003 - 00:30

are you kidding?

some of the scandanavian countries who have t3 are extremely rich.
    you underestimate other coutries...i wonder why

Oh yea, the rich people, I meant for those normal people, I am sure you can get t3 in US if you are rich enough.
    he probably thinks third world countries are the countries outside of the US...
    I doubt if the US is the country with the best average income...[/b][/quote]

Sweden is just as rich and prosperous as any of the countries here in the EU and indeed the world and so I doubt they would recieve any special benifits on their internet connection (if they are getting a better deal it looks more likely that its due to good planning by their govenment).

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    to all you people how thinks the Swedes are lying BBB
    I know it&#39;s on swedish but you might notice the big 10Mbit/s sign. And no it&#39;s not that expensive for us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast