Thread: Tip:

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    One of the most annoying things about RealOne Player is that even if you use msconfig to remove the spyware from the Startup list, the next time you run the program it adds itself again. The following website tells you how to easily prevent this from ever happening again...

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pa.../tasklist_e.htm

Scroll down to where it says Evntsvc, TkBellExe, Realsched and read the Recommendation .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    That was one thing i HATED about real player ...i would avoid using it just because of it

Good info

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Iv never had it stat up on the start up, could that be because i am running win 98?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thks man. one of the things i hate the most about real player.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I hate RealPlayer...it sucks, spies on you, and it constantly crashes all the systems in my house...i just stick with Real Alternative now...i love it..no annoying start-up progs...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@18 June 2003 - 09:32
    Iv never had it stat up on the start up, could that be because i am running win 98?
    same here and im on win98 too

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I use Win98 too, so I know it's in there. Are you using RealOne player? Run msconfig and look for TkBellExe. That's spyware, and no matter how many times you uncheck it, it keeps coming back unless you remove or rename EVNTSVC.EXE and/or REALSCHED.EXE.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You can also use Jammer. its a firewall that tells you when a change is being made your registry, and you have the option to click yes or no to the changes.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    You can also use Jammer. its a firewall that tells you when a change is being made your registry, and you have the option to click yes or no to the changes.