Thread: Danishbits amnesty?

ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok, folks, everybody heard about they bunny joke and non-Danish IP ban.
    Today one of our members says it's not for real:
    I talked to a staff member - apparently 40-50 users have been ip-banned. It doesnt seem like this is a generel problem, just some invite-trees/users that didn't follow the rules.

He will look into it though.

Btw all the stuff about only danish ip's isn't true (I think).
    so I decided to check, and haven't seen the bunny + was even able to login, but only to the home page, not to torrents. There's some message in Danish I guess dated July 6, can someone translate it, please?
    Irc Problemer

Der har været lidt nedetid på vores IRC, det skyltes at den server vi normalt bruger er blevet lukket.

I kan joine #danishbits.org @ phoenix.after-all.org

Der er også en guide i forum der forklare hvor i sætter mirc op, læs den her

Vores webchat er også nede, men den vil komme så hurtig som muligt.

Hvis du stadig har problemer med at komme på irc, kan du skrive til en af vores Firstline Supporter

Så nu er der ingen undskyldning, for ikke at komme på irc
    I believe it's something about they require you to go IRC and ask for unban, but need to be sure.

Online translation gives:
    Irc Problems There has været awhile down på vores IRC , that blame that the server vi normally spending has been buttoned up. TO can be joine #danishbits.org @ phoenix.after-all.org There's også a guide to forum there define where to sætter mirc up læs the here Vores webchat is også down , however the vil arrival så quick that possible. Of which you settled has problems by that arrival på irc , can be you write to a from vores Firstline Supports Så actually is there none apology , by no that arrival på irc
    which is still unclear..
    Last edited by ceasar; 07-06-2007 at 09:30 PM.
    TCS Byatch in training

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I'm sorry to dissappoint you, but the message is just about some downtime on their irc-channel. It has nothing to do with the site and the problems that some users are experiencing.

Their IRC server has been closed, probably due to the recent staff changes. The message only explains how to connect to their new channel and where it is found.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by kaula View Post
    I'm sorry to dissappoint you, but the message is just about some downtime on their irc-channel. It has nothing to do with the site and the problems that some users are experiencing.

Their IRC server has been closed, probably due to the recent staff changes. The message only explains how to connect to their new channel and where it is found.
    OK, thanks!
    Mate, if you a member of the DanishBits can you please ask some of the admins how the Ip problem can be fixed? You can even bring up my name, which is the same as here. I was given an invite on giveaway here an join the tracker in order to use it not to trade, and in couple hours was granted with a bunny gift. Or now can login, but only to home page, not torrents.
    You can post results here or pm me, I believe that a lot of our users want to know what they can do about the situation too. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ceasar; 07-06-2007 at 11:00 PM.
    TCS Byatch in training

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I would really love to know, and many others too

What is with this kinda "Discrimination" with non Nordic IP's?

OR at least have some kinda Staff, who speaks English, to answer some "pressing" questions

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thegoan's Avatar Goa-Heaven on earth BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    same here... i chatted with one of the admins there... said something about cloned polish IP's... even tho my ip is not polish...or for that matter even on the same continent... anyways the entire tree from nemisis (spelling???) got banned... including me apperently the admin couldnt unban me.

oh and i got the bunny with a pancake page...
    Last edited by thegoan; 07-07-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You are reading my signature!!!!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There are new staff, they are nicer, and wont ban all foreign ips now
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thegoan's Avatar Goa-Heaven on earth BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    the guy i spoke to was nice too... even gave me a link to nordic tracker... said they are open for signups... but still didnt unban me..
    You are reading my signature!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    shaibob's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i got bunny with a pancake page too
    my acc clear i just sign up 2 days ago

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    REVTTtorrent's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    could any one tell us what is happening ??

is the ban these Ip's or not ??
    (gone forever )

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    There are new staff, they are nicer, and wont ban all foreign ips now

read that again.........
    Now go away.