Thread: Installing Win Xp On A Win Me Machine

Just install a dual boot to try it first. Even if the HCL list from microsoft says it's not compatable, It quite often will work. If something doesn't work, then at least you can go back into Win ME and research it or find drivers to make it work. If it's just a webcam that won't work, use win ME for your video chats and go back to XP for the other multimedia stuff.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    there is no need 4 activation in xp corp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Barky@15 June 2003 - 18:02
    Do you have any idea on how I could check if my hardware are compatible with XP?
    Doesn't the XP setup prog have an option to check software & hardware compatibility? I think I remember seeing something like that (its been a while though).
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by DrSpud+17 June 2003 - 17:52--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrSpud @ 17 June 2003 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Barky@15 June 2003 - 18:02
    Do you have any idea on how I could check if my hardware are compatible with XP?
    Doesn&#39;t the XP setup prog have an option to check software & hardware compatibility? I think I remember seeing something like that (its been a while though). [/b][/quote]
    YES
    the HCL list from microsoft

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    if your unsure then do a ghost image of C: with me on it and create a fat32 partition to place it on then if you don&#39;t like xp, or it doesn&#39;t work then you can reload the image of ME in dos from the startup disk Ghost creates,
    don&#39;t put it on ntfs partition as dos doesn&#39;t recognise ntfs