Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senator Dickface

Ex-member
    Hmmm... maybe this would be better off in Filesharing.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I thought he was a christian...

Maybe he should listen to the Bible (not saying I do @ all )

Two wrongs don't make a right

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I actually came in here to see if anyone was talking about this story after I read it on the BBC web site.

I don't think it will happen, because it flies in the face of the whole "innocent until proven guilty" ideal that is so central to the constitution of the UK and US.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that property cannot be destroyed, as there is a long history of pirates having all their equipment confiscated (which is much the same thing).

What is astounding about all of this, however, is the fact that AOL seem to think that the best way to combat music piracy is to continue to push their own music download product "MusicNet". Now, I don't know if the BBC have got it wrong, but they quote the costs of membership to MusicNet as:

"The basic AOL $3.95 deal will give users 20 streamed songs and 20 downloads per month.

Fans can sign up for more access for up to $17.95 (£11.40) per month, which buys unlimited streams and downloads, and the ability to burn - or copy - 10 songs to blank CDs per month."

So you can burn 10 songs onto a CD per month for £11.40??!!!!!

Now THAT is piracy.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    If I use my VCR to record a movie, will the government blow it up too? How about if I record songs off the radio, will the gobernment blow up my stereo? This is ridiculous!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Mr Hatch is a composer himself, having earned some $18,000 (£11,125) from his music in the last year.
    I think he earned too much already from his music. Doesn't he earn enough money already being a senator? And wasn't greed one of the 7 sins ?

And i'm wondering how they'll destroy a computer from a distance, are they going to put C4 into all new harddisks?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Why dont one of our American friends set up a political site.

Canvas politicians about how far they are prepared to go (from all parties) and let your voting peers know which way NOT to vote.

It doesnt matter how much money RIAA throws at these dirty politicians, if they arent in office.

As soon as they realise how many VOTES they are potentialy losing, they'll drop it like a brick. After all, the majority of voters (when they actually get up and vote) arent members of the Republican OR Democratic Party...they vote in their own interests.

The RIAA relies on money and selective publicity.

How many websites are there with an interest, on the net?

This is all FREE publicity.

Just a thought....you know, instead of bemoaning the situation, DO something

Anyone want a new hobby

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    He may be a musician but he is also a pirate:

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,...3,59305,00.html

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I had to do it....sent him an email through The Reg's link.

I read your views re: Protecting copyright infringement with interest.

I then read this: http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,...3,59305,00.html

and realised that if your system was in operation then most of the economy would hit the floor, as the number of PCs in business using unlicensd software is huge.

All these systems would crash...having a huge knock on effect.

As you can see, its not just small business, a Major American Airline is quoted as having unlicensed software.

Oh yes...and YOU.

Making you just another hypocritical corrupt politician, we may have fun publicising the fact during the next elections in Utah.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    That was good, Rat Faced. Tis not only politicians that need to check the skeletons in their own closet before digging skeletons out of others closets. ;-) Politicians seems to have a strong corner in the market, though. ;-)

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

DIE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast