Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do you care about pretime?

kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I wish I would understand what is all this fuzz about!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Its very easy to understand..

Release group releases their scene shit, it gets put onto torrent sites through uploaders. How fast it takes to put the .torrent onto the torrent site is the pre time. If the pre time is 1 minute, basically it took 1 minute to get the thing on the site..

Basically, Pre-times are only relevant to those who like checking up on torrent sites every minute or so, and finding out which one "won" the race.

Anyhow, just use the "Search" function and type pretimes and a whole bunch of threads will come up.
    Last edited by Me<3You; 07-09-2007 at 02:15 AM.
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Good pre times usually mean that you'll have great speeds by the time you find out about the release because it got uploaded fast and lost of people should have it already. So when a tracker has great pre times lots of people go there first and even if you don't need to get something right away by the time you get to it it's well seeded.

Although something I have noticed is that Chronic Tracker is supposed to have awesome pre times but it doesn't seem to have many seeders. I guess is not a popular enough tracker.

That's the way I see it. Other than that I don't care if I can get something 10 minutes before at one tracker than a another tracker. I just care about how fast I can get something when I want to download it. I really don't like slow trackers. Good pre times usually mean great speeds.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Usually pre-times mean nothing to me since i only look at them on tv shows since i am not online for the rest anyway.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well I don't care about pretime, cause so much stuff over there...
    TCS Byatch in training

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yeah... Like J.A said unless you check torrent sites every five minutes, its not that big of a deal. but of course this is one of the ways torrents sites are graded/scored.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Having a better pretime is one of the few things that separates good trackers from bad trackers. A better pretime usually means that the site has a faster seedbox on the torrent. It also gives the torrent more potential to have a greater number of seeders and leechers. It's also a race, which can be fun to watch if you are bored enough. Pretimes only really matter to me for tv shows though.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Superkiller's Avatar The Killer BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i think pretime is kinda useless unless u are on the sites every min
    but usually all sites gonna get the scene stuff anyways so who cares which site got it up first

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    oh i realy did not know that there are ppl out there who check torrent sites every min

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    A better pretime usually means that the site has a faster seedbox on the torrent
    Not true, means the uploader sits on the channel saw the pre-ftp the release to the server got the release up quickly

All sites win the race at times anyway I look more for the community sides of things rather then pre, good forum and irc any day over a site that just has a good pre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast