Thread: Scarface

Has Scarface been discontinued on DVD? I have loved this movie since I was a little kid and was thinking about it today and wanted to buy it off of buy.com or dvdempire but i can't find it. I found it on ebay, but I feel uncomfortable buying dvd's off of ebay. Did they only do a limited release, or am I just not looking in the right places?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    You might be able to get it on ebay but don't try Half.com.
    I bought it and never received it. Half.com was nice enough to refund my money but I was clearly ripped off.

I just downloaded it off of Klite. sure not as good as owning the DVD, but it quenched my desire for unedited scarface goodness.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Its on kazaa in 3 parts and thousands of people have it. I had the download done in about 2 hours.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    3 parts that sucks u can get the full movie of kazaa

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Yeah I downloaded the full movie a while ago off of kazaa. Im not sure what the file name was, I think i either deleted it or burned it to a cd. I do know that it was bigger then 717 mbs, so if i did burn it to a cd i would have had to of zipped it which i have to do sometimes. The quality wasnt dvd though. It was allright but was probably the best that could be done before the xvid style codecs.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Yeah same 1 I got - but the movie still rocks... Al Pacino&#39;s 2nd best performance - 1st being in the godfather....

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I have the dvd, bought it on ebay for like 25&#036;.

Its a shitty dvd overall, they didnt do a good job on the transition from film to dvd. Its watchable, but not something that will go down as a great dvd.

It is discontinued, or OOP as we say, out of print.

There is talks of a rerelease at some point, but who knows.

But animals house is finnaly being rereleased, so i guess we can never say never...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I hear they are making an anniversary edt. Btw It was on TNN the 17th and will be showing again the 22nd of June at 9:00 PM EST. It&#39;s uncut except the constant launguage filter Otherwise I am downloading a scarface now and it&#39;s around 700 mb. I&#39;ll post later the quality in full screen mode.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by thealmightysting@18 June 2003 - 19:27
    Has Scarface been discontinued on DVD? I have loved this movie since I was a little kid and was thinking about it today and wanted to buy it off of buy.com or dvdempire but i can&#39;t find it. I found it on ebay, but I feel uncomfortable buying dvd&#39;s off of ebay. Did they only do a limited release, or am I just not looking in the right places?
    if u live in the uk HMV have it on dvd 4 5.99 coz ive just seen it mate
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    was there any extra footage on the DVD?
    Pacino&#39;s best movie IMO