Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Statistics Exam On Friday :(

  1. #1
    TRshady
    Guest
    On friday I have a statistics GCSE Exam and I'm bloddy nervous so I'd thought I'd start a little thread on it hoping if you lovely people can with me luck.

    Also feel free to post little bits of revision notes to remember so myself and anyone who is also doing it can benefit from.


    He's my essential thing to remember:

    Standard deviation = sd = square root [sum( x - xbar)^2 / (N-1)]

    Damn, I am sooooo nervous about it and its to bloody hard to revise!!!!

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    2,718
    good luck TR....

    Im sure you'll do fine, concentrate keep a straight head and you'll be cool.

    Get plenty of sleep nite before & stuff your face with food in the mornin to get those brain cells workin

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by TRshady@18 June 2003 - 19:39
    He's my essential thing to remember:

    Standard deviation = sd = square root [sum( x - xbar)^2 / (N-1)]

    Damn, I am sooooo nervous about it and its to bloody hard to revise!!!!
    if that's the hardest one then you should do ok

    p.s. good luck anyway

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,745
    Originally posted by TRshady@18 June 2003 - 18:39
    On friday I have a statistics GCSE Exam
    Good luck TR! I'm sure you'll be fine.

    Hope you take a career based on the qualification when you get it. We all could do with remembering the less fortunate people - not just the statistics but there's the blind and folks in wheelchairs etc
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7,763
    Why don&#39;t you use one of those fancy calculating machines to store that kind of things... to... erm... "help" your memory a little?

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    2,718
    Originally posted by Gurahl@18 June 2003 - 18:47
    Why don&#39;t you use one of those fancy calculating machines to store that kind of things... to... erm... "help" your memory a little?
    i have often wondered that.

    with the technology nowadays you could hide a nice wee palmtop and make it look like a graphics calculater

    if u want to cheat that is &#33;&#33;

    but cheating&#39;s bad &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    TRshady
    Guest
    Thanks everyone for being so nice

    @Fugley: your right. I feel so sorry for the less fortunate and makes you realise how lucky you really are.

    @Billy: Thanks, good sleep and a bowl of weet-a-bix sounds just right.

    Anyone here a teacher?, and I understand spearmans co-effecient. But this is a k-lite forum so I&#39;ll be happy enough with a simple good luck from people.

    edit: Yes, cheating is bad, nice idea though .....

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,745
    Originally posted by TRshady@18 June 2003 - 18:50
    Thanks everyone for being so nice

    @Fugley: your right. I feel so sorry for the less fortunate and makes you realise how lucky you really are.

    @Billy: Thanks, good sleep and a bowl of weet-a-bix sounds just right.

    Anyone here a teacher?, and I understand spearmans co-effecient. But this is a k-lite forum so I&#39;ll be happy enough with a simple good luck from people.

    edit: Yes, cheating is bad, nice idea though .....
    Genuine good luck friend...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by TRshady@18 June 2003 - 19:50
    Anyone here a teacher?, and I understand spearmans co-effecient. But this is a k-lite forum so I&#39;ll be happy enough with a simple good luck from people.

    edit: Yes, cheating is bad, nice idea though .....
    well, two minutes ago, i had no knowledge of spearmen&#39;s coefficient.
    now, thanks to google, i have a little understanding...if only you could take a pc into the exam hall...


    p.s. apparently you&#39;re not allowed calculators with alphanumeric input, but a lot take them in anyway

    you can store a lot of info on a graphics calc. shame i never had one...would have done a bit better

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    2008 European Capital of Culture
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,758
    Jesus - I&#39;ve only just had a Statistics 1 exam for Maths, and I&#39;m doing AS Level.

    Trust me - If you can that test, AS Level maths would be a breeze for you&#33;

    BTW which board are you sitting GCSE Maths with?

    @Gruahl - Oh yes, they are a great deal of help; They are worth the money.

    Err...well, that&#39;s what I&#39;ve heard


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •