Thread: Seedbox

G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Hey everyone, i just scored a SCT invite, so now all i have to do is wait for a spot to open up

When i get on i will be looking at renting a Seedbox, what i wanted to know is who do you think are the best to use? Do i need to notify staff as i could potentially using SCT from 2 IP addresses, and what do i need to know to set up Utorrent?
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    Hey everyone, i just scored a SCT invite, so now all i have to do is wait for a spot to open up

When i get on i will be looking at renting a Seedbox, what i wanted to know is who do you think are the best to use? Do i need to notify staff as i could potentially using SCT from 2 IP addresses, and what do i need to know to set up Utorrent?
    #1 What you pay for is what you get. That being said, you got cash, go for Leaseweb or Vectoral. Most ScT seedbox owners use those two..
    #2 No, ScT allow's 3 ips per acc.
    #3 Depends which OS..Windows i may be able to help you, Linux i have no clue.

eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I use a LW box also, its my secondary box but I use it alot on ScT and I have nothing but good things to say about them, speeds are great and the network is rock solid. I tried Vectoral before them but LW is better IMO. There are alot of threads about seedboxes on this forum you shouldnt have any trouble finding info you may need.
    Last edited by DohMein; 07-10-2007 at 05:03 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post

#1 What you pay for is what you get. That being said, you got cash, go for Leaseweb or Vectoral. Most ScT seedbox owners use those two..

Thanks for your quick reply JA, your always helpful! Who would you recommend? Have you used anyone? If so how much? If you could help me set one up when i eventually get on i would be happy to give you access to it for a week or 2.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I got a great hint for you...

Try the search box, there are guides about almost everything you need.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A View Post

Thanks for your quick reply JA, your always helpful! Who would you recommend? Have you used anyone? If so how much? If you could help me set one up when i eventually get on i would be happy to give you access to it for a week or 2.
    Its MUCH MUCH easier to talk on msn, if you have msn send us a PM , anyhow.

Really depends how much your willing to spend.

Windows 03 is much easier to work with..its just like setting up your own computer through remote desktop you can basically control everything

Anyhow shoot a PM, ill let other people give their feedback.
    eee

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
    Thanks mate.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Congrats!

As said before it depends on the cash you are willing to spend. I have a LeeWare and LeasWeb, both cheap, and both running Fedora. I have to say Leeware was easier to get up and running, as lots of things came pre installed, but the speeds really aren't that good as opposed to Leaseweb. I really recommend this seedbox. But to pay for windows is something I wasnt willing to do.
    However if you have the cash and don't want any hassles go ahead. I like to play around and learn!
    Enjoy your seedbox man