Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oink suggestions??

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have not had any problems on Oink, but I know several people who have. Some with very fast connectioons and others with crappy upload speeds and they still got banned for "cheating". I think there is definatly a issue with the script and it may flag good users on accident.

Then again maybe they have a staff member that needs glasses and they can't quite make out the userid so they ban the whole page of users, just to make sure they got 1 cheater. <---- Joke

If you do get banned, you will need to start over because staff will not talk to you in irc either. If they do it will go something like this:

Banneduser - I got disabled for cheating and I swear I am a good user. I would never cheat. Can you help me

Oinkstaff - Screw you. You are cheater have fun on public trackers. (Then you get booted from irc.) ha
    Last edited by SHUVT; 07-10-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Don't forget that when you get kicked from the irc they ban you. Personally I havn't had any problems with my account but a couple of my invitees have had problems. One managed to get unban and had a warning put on him but I'm really not sure what he did.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    thanks for the thoughts and replies..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Just use the standard utorrent or azereus client rather than any mods of those clients and you'll be fine.

168,000 people are managing pretty well to not get banned by using standard clients and not experimenting with ones on the banned list or which distort the upload/download stats.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    The moderators on IRC can't tell you exactly why your account was disabled, because they don't know. That way they can't give away anything about how you were caught. Only the admins (like me) know why. As I said elsewhere Skizo was using a hacked uTorrent that reported 10x the amount of actual upload. Whether he reported actual upload is irrelevant - he used the cheat client on OiNK.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards ratio cheating. Why in the world would we want to listen to disabled cheaters deny it in IRC? There's no reason to argue with them when there's no way they're going to get their accounts back.

I disable 25 cheaters on a slow day, closer to 50 on a busy day. I'm also watching a bunch of people that I'm not sure of yet. I don't disable accounts without what I consider to be undeniable proof of cheating.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
    The moderators on IRC can't tell you exactly why your account was disabled, because they don't know. That way they can't give away anything about how you were caught. Only the admins (like me) know why. As I said elsewhere Skizo was using a hacked uTorrent that reported 10x the amount of actual upload. Whether he reported actual upload is irrelevant - he used the cheat client on OiNK.

We have a zero-tolerance policy towards ratio cheating. Why in the world would we want to listen to disabled cheaters deny it in IRC? There's no reason to argue with them when there's no way they're going to get their accounts back.

I disable 25 cheaters on a slow day, closer to 50 on a busy day. I'm also watching a bunch of people that I'm not sure of yet. I don't disable accounts without what I consider to be undeniable proof of cheating.
    If skizo has read this.. What is his comment? Did he chose to just be quiet and leave no comment at all?

By the way, I'm not pointing out anything here..
    No offense please to all parties involved

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Interesting since a staff actually had something to say here. Let's see what Skizo has to say now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    who cares what skizo has to say? its all he said she said mixed in with some complaining about free things at this point...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    patiesmiz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2

Heart

Exactly. Only Admins have the power to ban people. And they can ban whoever they want, cos OINK is THEIR SITE, an we, users, are their invitees. Unless you don't understand this, you will be pissed off all the time when you got banned for good from a site without knowing what the reason might be -my case-.
    I was their invitee, no matter if my ratio was over 4,7, no matter if I was uploading more than 74 torrents to share my best suff on there. I ripped a bootleg of David Bowie wich was audience recording and upped it, I didn't know that cos in the back cover it didn't say anything about audience, I broke the rule and then I got banned for good.
    After getting my warning I posted on forum cos I had thought the rule for audience was for unlabeled bootlegs, nor for stuff we buy as CDs, and when you post on fora to talk about these things you're not respecting the site and you deserve to be banned for good.

TooMuchTime is right, I support her in this point.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by game1283 View Post

If skizo has read this.. What is his comment? Did he chose to just be quiet and leave no comment at all?

By the way, I'm not pointing out anything here..
    No offense please to all parties involved
    I don't need to explain myself to anyone. My impeccable tracker history over the years says enough. I did however address the issue in the other thread in multiple posts, so I will not answer it again and again.

As for TooMuchTime - I'm sick of your slanderous commentary and your unbelievable faith in your "logs". The next time I read about you will be banned from this site just like any other member who makes such claims.

And just for the record, so I don't have to hear about this double-standard crap again. This is what happens with every member who makes an accusation in public. They are disabled for 2 days on the first instance and banned on the second. TooMuchTime has already gotten one "freebie" in the thread of mine, so I even gave him/her more leniency than most. He is DP'ed for 2 days at this point.

yo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12