Thread: How Do I...?

Jow do i make place for a movie that is over 700 mb on a 700 mb empty cd?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    well, you can usually use VirtualDub to cut the credits and intro out, but that won't always get it down to 700- mb...if not, you have three choices..you can either split the file in two to put on two cd's, or you can try to overburn the CD (which won't always work, depending on the size of the movie, the burner, and the media), or, you can invest in a DVD burner (a little expensive, but very handy...i put about 6 -8 movies on each disc, and get each disc for about 89 cents @ www.shop4tech.com)

Hope this helps some...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Sibre@18 June 2003 - 20:37
    You can invest in a DVD burner (a little expensive, but very handy...i put about 6 -8 movies on each disc, and get each disc for about 89 cents @ www.shop4tech.com)

What program are you using to burn onto DVD or which would you recommend ??, i'm using Nero and any dvd's I make don't seem to work on my T.V dvd player I have to split them using DvDeo which is a bit of an arse ech time cos the sound file sometimes gets lost

Cheers

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i don't burn DVD-Video usually..i just burn the avi files from ripped movies (approx 700 mb/each) to a DVD as plain data, and just watch them on my computer...

i use Nero, though...if you're looking for a program to copy DVD's then go to Digital Digest and there are programs and tutorials there...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Exactly how big is it? If it's not too much over you can overburn the cd.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    The file is 717,......kb big, so will it fit into a 700 mb cd if i cut the intro and credits?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i just burn the avi and watch em on my computer.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Sly_Cooper@19 June 2003 - 10:54
    The file is 717,......kb big, so will it fit into a 700 mb cd if i cut the intro and credits?
    U dont need to cut anything off..it should fit perfect...717,kb will b about 700mb.
    1mb+1024kb

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Yeah, if it's 717,xxx kb, it will fit...700 mb cd's actually hold about 703, which comes out to about 719,872 kb...so you should be fine...

I've actually been able to fit 714 megs onto a CD before...but that was overburning, and some drives can't read it