Thread: Seedbox setup

Poster
    (I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes)

Im been thinking of setting up a seedbox, and i think im going to get it from Leaseweb, however i have absolutly no idea how to set one up, i guess i am going to use Torrentflux.

How do i install stuff through SS* (atm i dont remember that last letter )

If i set up Torrentflux do i have to set up a FTP server speratly to actually get the files to my computer?

Is torrentflux just a WEBUI for Bittornado?

Is the RSS support desent?

Thanks in advance, i might just ask a few more questions

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Heya!

Well I don't know about Torrentflux, but I set up uTorrent on Leaseweb yesterday, using this guide. However thats because I installed Fedora, which is what Leeware uses.
    If you're a Linux n00b and have the money go ahead and purchase a Windows license and save yourself a lot of troubles.
    You then have to set up a FTP server to download the files, or you can get Apache running and download through HTTP. (FTP better idea).

Good luck!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    im not totally new to linux but i dotn prefer the command line without some referance, i know that if i rent a "Linux/BSD" server i will get the choise of CentOS, Debian, Fedora and FreeBSD,

i might just as well get Fedora installed then

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well i have a leaseweb dedicated server freeBSD installed on unix system and i have torrentflux installed on it and to be tottaly honist torrentflux is complete chit
    my secound server i have a leeware with utorrent installed on it and webui is sexy:-) it is much much better than that torrentflux chit but using buggyme guide i just cannot seem to install utorrent on my leaseweb server but on the leeware i installed it with no problems thanks to buggyme guide

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yeh if you go with Fedora buggymes guide will work.
    However I can't get the ftp server to work for some reason. I'm surely doing something wrong, but oh well, I'll figure it out!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    i set up Fedora on my "test box" to try and figure this out
    i installed Fedora 7 and disabled loads of stuff (un checked things in installation) and connected through putty and installed vnc, wine and all that stuff.

i had set up everything perfectly except the ftp server, i didnt know how to configure it (vsFTPD) so im stop atm

gonna play with it a little after work

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    If you get the ftp server up and running, please tell me how you did it because, I've had no luck yet. I know it's because I have missing dependencies but, it's a bitch trying to get it together.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    Why don't we just get a dedicated server with Windows OS?

I am planning to take a seed box from vectoral or maybe leaseweb, can i get one with Windows OS & uTorrent installed?, coz i've know idea how to deal with Linux commands.
    FLiP all the way!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    @dml
    setting up the FTP server not not that big of a deal, i just dont know how to configure it, i set up vsFTPD, (yum install vsftpd) but some guy on athother forum told me to follow this guide :http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/06...r_own_server/5
    i've just yet to try it out, having a 2 box setup for this kindof thing is great

@KSA
    well for one windows isint free, and if you plan to get a server from Leaseweb you will have to pay 20€ extra for that per month, and i for one am not ready to pay more for windows

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    only thing is freeBSD is meant to be realy good and simple to work with but installing vnc, wine is a bitch