Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Say That

Ex-member
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+ 19 June 2003 - 01:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob &#064; 19 June 2003 - 01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@ 19 June 2003 - 01:38

Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...
    i think this may be stepping a little over the &#39;line&#39;

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull [/b][/quote]
    Fairer to say it contains a lot of bull...

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+19 June 2003 - 10:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 19 June 2003 - 10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 01:38
    Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull [/b][/quote]
    I Just Did Though

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Ex-member
    Right, I&#39;m off to sleep.

Play nice while I&#39;m away, folks...

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme+19 June 2003 - 01:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 19 June 2003 - 01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@19 June 2003 - 10:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme
    @19 June 2003 - 01:38

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull
    I Just Did Though [/b][/quote]
    ok, i asked for that one

but do you see the point i&#39;m making?

i mean, i was born a catholic, but i don&#39;t (regularly ) practise active catholicism

5. Lounge   -   #35
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    im a muslim and it really bothers me when people say bad stuff about muslim we are a very loving relogion its jus other people that are evil (ex.osama Bin Laden,Sadam Insane) arent really muslim they make up there own evil rules and use them agianst other muslims

Lamsey edited out some homophobic references and replaced them with the world &#39;evil&#39; - hope you don&#39;t mind....

Nahh i dont mind
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@18 June 2003 - 18:38
    Yes, you can say that.

However, whether it is alright or not is a harder issue to tackle.

When you call the bible that, you are not immediately damned to hell,
    put on an "evil person" list or anything like that. I dont think it works that way.

Usually there are more things to religion than studying/reading/believing
    what the words in the bible say.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 17:18
    Islam in itself is not evil.

But it is often used as an excuse for evil people to do evil things.
    Just as religion in the wrong hands always is..........Chris Columbus used it to subdue whole nations.
    He would send 9 to 13 year old girls back to the Spainards(some of the aristocrats) who prefered native children to molest and torture(and that was in the name of christianity).

In England during the Witch trials Kings James(who was certifed insane at the time)
    Had his court scholars add stuff to the bible that suited his views.(Yes that King James,Who put together the most widely read version of the bible,The Kings James version)
    One such line is "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live"

King James was a parinoid scizo that thought witches were ploting to overthrow him.
    At the same time the people of Merry old England were eating unprocessed rye bread.
    Well my friends unprocessed rye bread when it&#39;s going bad develops a mold that causes hallucinations in those that eat it.

Anyone care to guess what compound is derived from the mold(ergot) that develops on unprocessed rye bread....................................................

Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25........
    It&#39;s no wonder people were accusing there neighbors of flying around,changing shapes ...ect...ect......LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hey ShockandAwe were you tripping when u wrote this post?...
    You should try to see things from others peoples eyes.......You know what I mean?
    Don&#39;t let your leaders make all of your decisions.....Think.... People in general are just following the rhetoric of those that lead them.

I know your a good guy just have some apathy for others.
    That&#39;s why Funky and others like him are good for this forum......We need the mods and the mods need us to disturb the quiet,stir up the masses every once awhile&#33; ............but not too much of Funky.....and his irk

Peace brotherdoobie

8. Lounge   -   #38
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    my dad was brought up as a strict catholic.

he became an atheist as an adult after considering everything and dwelling on philosophy.

i&#39;m sure this has had an astonishing effect on me

religion is a key source of conflict.

many of wars are because of religion.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@19 June 2003 - 02:29
    Lysergic Acid Diethyiamide-25
    now, where did i put my unprocessed rye bread...?

seems like mouldy old bread is like a pharmacist

10. Lounge   -   #40
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 June 2003 - 18:25
    So is "That&#39;s the point" - try and keep profanity to a minimum please.
    Actualy his profanity was at a minumum..........one fuck here and there should be encouraged once in awhile......... ever here of Lenny Bruce.....or Contry Joe and the fish.......Abbie Hoffman......

Peace brotherdoobie

I agree with U Lamesy about him being a littel strong in the way he came on with his Point of view........but it was the way he stated it not the words he used.
    Sure we all have freedom of speech...but that does not mean we have the right to be an ass.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast