Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Say That

You should really read the topic in the lounge about Israel/Palestine. Especially the posts by ShockAndAwe^i^.

All the politically correct talk in the world can't hide true Islam.
    It's evil!!
    It's Pure evil from it's inception
    According to ShockAndAwe^i^:

Calling Islam Evil is correct and not hatred towards Muslims.
    So that means its not offensive to a Jew to say Judaism is pure evil. So it's not offensive to say to a Catholic that Christianity is pure evil.

So do you think it's offensive to people or not.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    hypoluxa3k
    yeah, it's hurtful!
    i'm a muslim, and i can see where these NEDS are coming from when they say Islam is evil so i jus ignore it

3. Lounge   -   #3
    yeah, i think it's wrong to say that a religion is inherently evil
    it's offensive to people who practise said religion, and in the vast majortiy of cases, is incorrect

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Ex-member
    Islam in itself is not evil.

But it is often used as an excuse for evil people to do evil things.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Personally, any religion which involves paying tribute to a figure is just asking its followers to do this kind of crap.

I'm not going to go into the details because I don't want to end up like that thread, but all religions are just as much to blame than any other religion. Relative to this, Christianity (especially Catholism) is just as much to blame for a lot of the world's problems as Islam is.

Personally, the sooner I can renounce my religion to Buddism the better it'd be for me - But until then, the C of E mark I have on my birth certificate is title only.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Christianity (especially Catholism) is just as much to blame for a lot of the world's problems as Islam is.
    Indeed, Christianity is not at all innocent, as you say. Think of the Crusades for example.

edited to clarify meaning!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Christianity has caused as much trouble as any other religion, if not more due to its dominance in the West. The thing that really gets me is that god knows how many million people are preaching about a flawed book, aka the bible
    (Need an example? How about Noah's Ark - Two of every animal with Noah's family. AFAIK the usual image of Noah's family is all right - though I think that's the West's interpretation IMO. Even if Noah and his wife were two seperate races, how come we have over 30 different races on this world when apparently most of the world were flooded to death, huh? )

Personally, I think they're all as bad as each other - And the Crusades carry on still; how many die-hard christians think that Islam is evil? Chances are that 1 in 100,000 will act on this belief - whether it was right or not. And this is what saddens me with the world today - What once was humanity's most valuable source of hope is now the largest causes of extreme ethnocentrism today.

To quote Selma Blair from Dogma "It doesn't matter what you have faith in. just that you have faith"

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yes. It is okay to say anything. It's a first amendment thing.

That's the fucking point. Say what you want, it's your right.

What's difficult to understand. Just because you don't approve of what he is saying, tough shit.

However you have as much right to reply and say that he is talking nonsense.

It's really rather complex when you think about it. Unless you are a Glibbist.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:19
    Yes. It is okay to say anything. It's a first amendment thing.

That's the fucking point. Say what you want, it's your right.

What's difficult to understand. Just because you don't approve of what he is saying, tough shit.

However you have as much right to reply and say that he is talking nonsense.

It's really rather complex when you think about it. Unless you are a Glibbist.
    :flame:

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Thats a bit harsh.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast