Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Another Holier than Thou Republican Discredited

  1. #1
    If there is a God...he's sticking it to the Republicans for being a bunch of Holier than Thou bastards....

    US Senator David Vitter, and often mentioned GOP VP nominee, joins Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Jim Gibbons, Bob Ney, and Duke Cunningham. All Republicans caught recently living double lives while in office (or in the case of Haggard a leading religious right political organization).

    Will be interesting to see if Vitter survives. A sex scandal brought down another Louisiana politician relatively recently - Bob Livingston.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday@420 View Post
    If there is a God...he's sticking it to the Republicans for being a bunch of Holier than Thou bastards....

    US Senator David Vitter, and often mentioned GOP VP nominee, joins Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Jim Gibbons, Bob Ney, and Duke Cunningham. All Republicans caught recently living double lives while in office (or in the case of Haggard a leading religious right political organization).

    Will be interesting to see if Vitter survives. A sex scandal brought down another Louisiana politician relatively recently - Bob Livingston.
    Oh what a surprise


    Much as there is "moral" hypocrisy in vitters case, I don't think the disclosure is a reason to resign. What I think it shows is that they shouldn't be trying to legislate consenting adult's private lives.


    However Vitter argued that an extramarital affair was grounds for resignation:

    “I think Livingston’s stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess,” he said. [Atlanta Journal and Constitution, 12/20/98]
    I believe Vitter replaced Livingstone who resigned....because of having affairs

    Perhaps he will stand by at least one principle.

    I would prefer he actually stood up and accepted that government has no place legislating our private lives.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Well, I think he should be shot and kicked for dying, the dumb bastard.

    BTW-

    Did you see this?

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288760,00.html

    Works for me.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    instead of taking a 'lets kill them all' approach, why not accept that humans are humans and all inevitably have a dark side. Then just ignore all the religious folk who claim to be pure than driven snow because they're all either gay, paedophilic or snorting so much coke that their shit looks like it has dandruff. Moral of the story: people who claim to be good suck ass (this includes jesus, mohammed and just about every other human who ever existed).
    Here endeth the lesson in posting while drunk.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    In 2000, Vitter was included in a Newhouse News Service story about the strain of congressional careers on families.

    His wife, Wendy, was asked by the Newhouse News reporter: If her husband was as unfaithful as former President Bill Clinton, would she be as forgiving as Hillary Clinton?

    “I’m a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary,” Wendy Vitter told Newhouse News. “If he does something like that, I’m walking away with one thing, and it’s not alimony, trust me.”
    [youtube]J9mKY80Amqk[/youtube]
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-11-2007 at 02:11 AM.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Well, I think he should be shot and kicked for dying, the dumb bastard.
    Why all that?

    I'd prefer just a little less talking and a little more STFU from him.



    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    BTW-

    Did you see this?

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288760,00.html

    Works for me.
    Yeah I read that in the Post Express on the train. China doesn't fuck around now do they? They recognize that white collar crime does just as much damage as any other crime.

    Over here people get short country club prison terms.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    Ok this isn't a scandal but the guy is an obvious republican................and not holding credibility well........and it's funny as heck.

    The guy is angry beyond reason that some people want to get out of Iraq, the funny part comes when he explains to the veterans why he can't serve......... if only they would let him


    [youtube]9prW8m5SOOw[/youtube]
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-13-2007 at 09:13 PM.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Ok this isn't a scandal but the guy is an obvious republican................and not holding credibility well........and it's funny as heck.

    The guy is angry beyond reason that some people want to get out of Iraq, the funny part comes when he explains to the veterans why he can't serve......... if only they would let him


    [youtube]9prW8m5SOOw[/youtube]


    I like how he just STFU. He is clueless as all getout.

    "I love George Bush"

    Why?

    I've also noticed on some neocon forums when an obvious Democrat (or Independent) starts talking sense then either the forum moderator jumps in and/or the neocons get some STFU all of sudden (that or they yell). It is hilarious. Cornered in their own forum. The sheep mindset is hard to change. I see the same thing with blacks that always vote black no matter what or believe what a black radio personality says without using their brain.

    People are idiots that get it right enough to stay alive (for the most part).
    Last edited by Busyman™; 07-14-2007 at 10:00 AM.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I see the same thing with blacks that always vote black no matter what or believe what a black radio personality says without using their brain.
    I wonder though, do little things like the NAACP inviting all 9 Republican candidates to their GOP Presidential forum, but apparently only one showed up (Tom Tancredo) encourage them to do otherwise?





    And they said so much about the democratic candidates boycotting FOX
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-14-2007 at 05:05 AM.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I see the same thing with blacks that always vote black no matter what or believe what a black radio personality says without using their brain.
    I wonder though, do little things like the NAACP inviting all 9 Republican candidates to their GOP Presidential forum, but apparently only one showed up (Tom Tancredo) encourage them to do otherwise?





    And they said so much about the democratic candidates boycotting FOX
    Well there are black Repub politicians but....I do see your point.

    Blacks are considered to be Dem for the most part. Bush courted the opposite spectrum of voters (it does have a bigger population) and it worked (with, of course, computer voting).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •