Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Free Christian Downloads !

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Spindulik@28 June 2003 - 11:35
    Sorry to offend everyone here, but all of that religion, Satanic, Jesus, Greek Mythology, Indian Spirits, KKK, ALI and the rest are way too much "make believe" for me.

You all can bicker about your "Invisible Guy", whose is the best and such. Damn it is 2003 and need to wake up. Adjust to the times. Anyone still believe in Zues or Pharoh's  Sun Gods (RA)?

Maybe my "religion" is no religion. Am I as guilty as the rest?
    You are guilty of nothing more than believing in Reality. I'm right there with you, my friend. Does anyone actually still believe that thunder and lightning are God's way of showing his wrath? What about earthquakes and floods? Is it God's will, or just the nature of our planet? And how many people over the ages have died in the name of religion? That in itself is a huge conundrum. I'd rather put my faith in science and the power of mankind, than the mythical 'Man in the Sky'. But that's just my opinion.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf+29 June 2003 - 08:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 29 June 2003 - 08:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@28 June 2003 - 11:35
    Sorry to offend everyone here, but all of that religion, Satanic, Jesus, Greek Mythology, Indian Spirits, KKK, ALI and the rest are way too much "make believe" for me.

You all can bicker about your "Invisible Guy", whose is the best and such. Damn it is 2003 and need to wake up. Adjust to the times. Anyone still believe in Zues or Pharoh&#39;s Sun Gods (RA)?

Maybe my "religion" is no religion. Am I as guilty as the rest?
    You are guilty of nothing more than believing in Reality. I&#39;m right there with you, my friend. Does anyone actually still believe that thunder and lightning are God&#39;s way of showing his wrath? What about earthquakes and floods? Is it God&#39;s will, or just the nature of our planet? And how many people over the ages have died in the name of religion? That in itself is a huge conundrum. I&#39;d rather put my faith in science and the power of mankind, than the mythical &#39;Man in the Sky&#39;. But that&#39;s just my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    I am a Christian and I believe in God. I don&#39;t believe any of the things you have written there. My understanding of what causes thunder, lightning, floods etc is perfectly fine.

Either you don&#39;t understand my beliefs and you ridicule them, or you chose to mis-represent them in order to ridicule them. Either way your behaviour is just plain nasty.

It&#39;s really rather amusing that the atheists seem to be more sanctimonious then the religious nowadays.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by nigel123@28 June 2003 - 19:33
    There are three things I&#39;ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumkin.
    That&#39;s because it quite often gets nasty.

Let us please respect each others beliefs. Nobody knows the absolute truth. Untill we find that ultimate truth, we only have our beliefs to cling to.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Originally posted by nigel123+29 June 2003 - 03:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 &#064; 29 June 2003 - 03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@28 June 2003 - 19:33
    There are three things I&#39;ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumkin.

Let us please respect each others beliefs. Nobody knows the absolute truth. Untill we find that ultimate truth, we only have our beliefs to cling to. [/b][/quote]
    ah but don&#39;t you see, respecting eachother&#39;s beliefs is almost impossible. Christians, or rather anyone who is a member of any religion, believe that without-a-doubt there is a higher power(s), who created them/the world and is watching over them/us. BUT the atheists (like myself) do not believe in any form of a "higher" power, and many are scornfull of religious people, seeing them as fools who are willing to believe in anything in order to not feel so alone in the universe. And the religious people look on Atheists with scorn or pitty, because after all the atheists havn&#39;t found "god" and that means according to the religious people they are "doomed" ... etc etc

so you see, it&#39;s a vicious circle, total tolerance about such things is a long long way away. Truthfully the only way I see complete harmony is if either a) a single religion is adopted by the entire population without question, or B ) religion is scorned and discarded by the entire population.

both are extremly unlikely. or rather, absolutly impossible B)

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Knowledge is Power
    Originally posted by nigel123@29 June 2003 - 05:27
    Nobody knows the absolute truth.
    I know it... but I&#39;m not telling.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Cyprian+29 June 2003 - 10:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cyprian &#064; 29 June 2003 - 10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@29 June 2003 - 03:27

Let us please respect each others beliefs. Nobody knows the absolute truth. Untill we find that ultimate truth, we only have our beliefs to cling to.
    ...so you see, it&#39;s a vicious circle, total tolerance about such things is a long long way away...[/b][/quote]
    The easiest beliefs and attitudes to change are your own. It isn&#39;t a vicious cycle if you don&#39;t perpetuate it.

Edit: quote for length
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Lounge   -   #87
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Nimdock+29 June 2003 - 09:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nimdock &#064; 29 June 2003 - 09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@29 June 2003 - 05:27
    Nobody knows the absolute truth.
    I know it... but I&#39;m not telling.[/b][/quote]
    Quote: Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@29 June 2003 - 04:27
    Anyway, I was just having fun and if you thought I was making a personal attack on you, I openly apolgize.

I admit that I was on a soap box, but I feel that I was administering "tough love", not flaming.

Take care,

Hobbes
    I never thought you were flaming at all and nothing you said could of offended me so thats cool man.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cyprian+29 June 2003 - 10:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cyprian @ 29 June 2003 - 10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nigel123@29 June 2003 - 03:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123
    @28 June 2003 - 19:33

ah but don&#39;t you see, respecting eachother&#39;s beliefs is almost impossible. Christians, or rather anyone who is a member of any religion, believe that without-a-doubt there is a higher power(s), who created them/the world and is watching over them/us. BUT the atheists (like myself) do not believe in any form of a "higher" power, and many are scornfull of religious people, seeing them as fools who are willing to believe in anything in order to not feel so alone in the universe. And the religious people look on Atheists with scorn or pitty, because after all the atheists havn&#39;t found "god" and that means according to the religious people they are "doomed" ... etc etc

so you see, it&#39;s a vicious circle, total tolerance about such things is a long long way away. Truthfully the only way I see complete harmony is if either a) a single religion is adopted by the entire population without question, or B ) religion is scorned and discarded by the entire population.

both are extremly unlikely. or rather, absolutly impossible B) [/b][/quote]
    Speak for yourself.

I neither scorn nor pity you or your beliefs. I merely disagree with them, whilst defending your right to have and express them.

I think that was amply illustrated earlier when I defended the rights of an atheist who followed the philosophy of the church of satan.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Poster
    Intollerance of the Intollerant I love it&#33;

Oh sorry was this spam?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast