Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usenet-News

I'm currently using Usenet-News (http://usenet-news.net/) for my Usenet access as I easily max out my 20mbit connection with them, even over SSL. I just wanted to ask, do they have a bad reputation or something? I've never seen them mentioned on these forums and it worries me a little seeing as I'm having a good service.

Can anyone give any info?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    I used them up to a couple of months ago

but left them as only had 70 days retention - believe it's now 100

might give them another try

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by rofllmao View Post
    I'm currently using Usenet-News (http://usenet-news.net/) for my Usenet access as I easily max out my 20mbit connection with them, even over SSL. I just wanted to ask, do they have a bad reputation or something? I've never seen them mentioned on these forums and it worries me a little seeing as I'm having a good service.

As far as I'm aware their reputation is untarnished, I use them as well btw.

I like the fact you can buy blocks of gigs at a reasonable price with no time limit.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rofllmao View Post

As far as I'm aware their reputation is untarnished, I use them as well btw.

I like the fact you can buy blocks of gigs at a reasonable price with no time limit.
    Me too. Its been all good so far.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    they are decent. speeds are very fast and that you can buy gb credit is very good.

prices can be cheaper thoguh.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Very good service.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Thanks for this. I never heard of them and I was looking to go back to usenet. This seems like a way better deal than paying per month for me.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I have accounts on both usenet-news and their sister company ngroups.net , both have served me very well.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    pbjabba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Only usenet provider i've ever used, and only one i will use Mainly because i'm not a heavy a downloader so block accounts are handy, and i wanted to use PayPal. The serive has been excellent too, good prices, good speeds... i sound like a sales rep lol
    And you know what? Macs are too hip. "Oh, look at me! I do graphic design! I wear women's jeans and hang out in coffee shops! I'm a DJ!" Well good for you. My computer is not a fashion statement. It's a computer.
    - Looking for HDBits.org invite - Thanks Magnum

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    newsgroupie
    Like most other members here, I've got only good things to say about Usenet-News.net. I've been using them since about a year ago - at the time when no one beat them on retention, even the much-vaunted Giganews. I was surprised that for such a low-cost provider, the tech support is excellent. 24/7 email support, and I always got a reply from support within about 10 or 15 minutes. (After Astraweb, I was almost expecting to have to wait until Monday for a reply)

I wish that more newsgroup service providers would offer this type of non-expiring pay-per-download account, as unfortunately very few providers do (and most of those that offer any non-expiring blocks charge high prices per gig)

Usenet-News is not the only cheap block account provider. Just recently, Megabitz matched their block offerings and prices, but they only allow a maximum of 5 connections (compared to Usenet-News' 20 connections allowance) unless you sign up for automatic payment (no thanks, I'd rather rough it with 5 connections then get hit with automatic charges )

After having tried Usenet-News block accounts, I doubt that I'll ever go back to using a pay-every-month plan like Giganews ever again. Call me cheap, but to me, paying $10 or $15 or more every month is too much money for what little I download (I also have access to a great ISP newsgroup service and use the block purchase as a supplement)

For anyone who is not a heavy usenet downloader, Usenet-News block accounts are in my opinion the best choice you can make. For alternate choices in block account providers, I'd rank Megabitz in second place and maybe Astraweb third place.

*** Don't anyone confuse www.Usenet-News.NET with www.Usenet-News.COM - the .COM address is another separate provider -- and not even worth considering. ***

Another thread on Usenet-News on https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=170326

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast