Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music And Personality

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    What is your veiw on whether there is a link between a person's music and their personality...I for one have many music tastes and also many personalities...What do you think?

2. Music   -   #2
    Ex-member
    I like the cheerful, optimistic side of rock music (Bon Jovi, Dum Dums, Def Leppard, etc.).

I like to think that this reflects my own personality...

3. Music   -   #3
    my favourite music is rap/hip hop, but this doesn't necessarily mean i like doing drive-by's in my lodo, while sipping yak and pimpin' my ho's

in life, i am a quiet person, don't like to make a scene or whatever, so i think it's entirely possible for a person to have different musical tastes and personality

4. Music   -   #4
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i like ska - and im a happy laid back person. :-"
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Music   -   #5
    i think there can be a big link between your music tastes and your personality, but it's probably not the case in the majority of people.

Some of the most timid people i know rock out every night to the hardest music.
    Likewise, some of the most angry, aggressive people i know are into soft rock/pop.

Personally, if my music tastes are an indication of my personality i must be suffering from schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder.

I'm probably not you know.

Yes I am.....

No, I'm not.....

6. Music   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I prefer classical music, and I'm generally a bastard to everyone I know.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 00:33
    What is your veiw on whether there is a link between a person's music and their personality...I for one have many music tastes and also many personalities...What do you think?
    if you have different tastes, you have different personalites, most people do. just they have one remarkable personality, as they like one kind of music the most. I don't know if there is a link, that's why I asked your opinions. and it's just my personal opinion about rap music, I didn't say it's bad, just some people use 80% of their time to listen to rap when they listen to music are different from those use 80% of their time to listen to punk. if they are grouped, the people in the same group has more similar personalities.

8. Music   -   #8
    i think that it may hold true that the "rap lovers" and the "punk lovers" for example may have similar personalities particular to each group to a degree, but that only holds for those that like those particular styles more because they want to be "cool" or like what their friends like, than those that "truly" like that particular genre.

If you really genuinely enjoy a style of music, i reckon your personality has little to do with it.

Being old and young is generally a different story, if i go by my parents reaction to my music, but thats not always the case either, my parents have surprised me with some of the new stuff that they enjoy, and by new i mean stuff from bands/artists that weren't formed while they were in their teens and 20's.

9. Music   -   #9
    I don't know if there is a link, that's why I asked your opinions
    are ging and celerystalksme the same person? i thought it was celery who asked? Now i'm confused.....

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by the_faceman@19 June 2003 - 02:43
    I don't know if there is a link, that's why I asked your opinions
    are ging and celerystalksme the same person? i thought it was celery who asked? Now i'm confused.....
    ging started a very biased topic which was open for flaming

lamsey closed this first topic

celery then started this topic

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast