Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pci Ide Controller Card

Originally posted by balamm*@22 June 2003 - 11:54
    Only if the drive you connect to it supports ultra ATA/133 but do they actually run at 133 or is that just a max rating?

And I don't know if yours is the same, but my ata card won't work with removeable media.

because the price on those sites above is half what I paid for the ATA/100 8 months ago.
    I can't say for sure, but I think the card can perform on this speed and it is the hdd that has this for max rating.

Yes, I remember connecting a CDRW to the controller. It recognizes it (displayed correctly on screen), but playing a Cd not good at all. At that time I used an old HP CDRW 2x4x24x.
    I have now a new Sony CDRW, but have not tried this one.

At this moment I have no plans for a new controller. I think by that time these ata/100 controllers will not be for sell anymore.
    But my choice would also be depending on price and the reason for use.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I was thinking of purchasing a card. I have the option to get the ATA133 but after looking at the hard disk maximum transfer rates, I cannot justify getting the 133 over the 100. The drives just don't use that extra bandwidth, even the ATA133 drives. If I was looking for the 'best" (expensive) I would be looking into 'Serial ATA' but then I would have to buy new hard disks.

The whole purpose of this thread was to find out if I could get a card that wouldn't add any delay to the startup time. I was intending to do this to more than one PC, so it's worth the research to find one that has no delay. Does anyone know of such a card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12