Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: France

Poster
    Unbelievable!
    France is at it again.
    This time they are enablers of terror!
    --------------------
    Helping Hamas: French Farce or Fair Choice?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2003

A day after President Bush accused the Palestinian militants (search) of sabotaging the Middle East peace process and urged world leaders to take a hard line against them, the French stymied yesterday an attempt by the European Union to blacklist the group's leadership.

"It is in our interest to have Palestinian interlocutors," French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin said. "I distrust a strategy based on cutting off dialogue."

The move by de Villepin, whose government also has opposed American demands to shun Palestinian President Yasser Arafat, infuriated British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.

"Hamas has rejected the road map and is literally trying to blow it up," said Straw, who proposed outlawing the group.

Helping Hamas: French farce or fair choice?

A sample of your responses:

The French say they are against terrorism and they support Hamas. The only things that can be assumed are:
    Sacrificing your children to indiscriminately blow up buses is not terrorism
    Hamas is not a terrorist organization
    In the mind of the French, Israelis are the terrorists.
    France is working with Arafat and Hamas to kill their very own Road Map to peace.
    Jan P.
    Bristow, VA

Can you explain to me how it is possible to separate the military wing and political wing of Hamas. During the rise of the Nazi Party, did the world try to separate the military faction and the political faction of that regime. Until the world understands that there is no separation between political and military they will never be able to deal with these terrorist spreading entities.
    Margo M.
    Southwest Harbor, ME

Their anti-semetic support for Hamas is not suprising. Bush took out the shades of grey and France would rather stand against Israel and America on terrorism issues.
    James A.

France really want to talk to Hamas? I don't think so - if the Americans decided they were going to open talks with Hamas then I bet you France would be totally against it. They are just being difficult (as usual). Anyway don't be too hard on them, if it wasn't for the French who else could we laugh at? And another thing, why do you have to make this show so god damn entertaining? I'm supposed to be revising for exams but i just can't drag myself away from the tv!
    From the No. 1 foxfan across the pond,
    Jonathan
    England

This is a really simple thing here. Hamas is a terrorist group. The French are supporting them. We need to put France on our terrorist sponsor list and not do a damn thing to help them and go after them also. You all need to tell the French to get all of the dingleberry's out of their eyes.
    Todd C.
    Canton, MI

Helping Hamas: French Farce or Fair Choice?
    They even went against the EU!
    If anyone can find a more in depth article please post it here.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    *sigh*

damn french

the only wars the french have ever won are:

1) American Revolution where the americans did most of the fighting
    2) Civil wars...
    3) And when a woman leads them (Joan of Arc)

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    i'm more worried that no-one in the USA seems upset that george bush snr gave saddam his dictatorship and the weaponry to match before he decided that saddam was a bad dog and public enemy #1
    the reason george dubya is so sure that there are WMD in iraq is daddies collection of receipts
    george snr also saw to the education of osama in how to wage terror

both of these 'islamist extremists' wouldn't be a shadow of their present selves if they hadn't been made by the USA

your tax dollars paid to put and keep saddam in power for over 10 years
    at the time when saddam gassed the kurds the USA said SFA
    it wasn't until george snr decided that he was a bad hound that we started to hear what an evil bastard he was
    your tax dollars also paid to teach osama
    your ex-president taught and supplied the man said to be behind S11 [and you know i don't mean allende]

doesn't this upset and outrage you? :: if not why?
    this would normally disqualify a person from having a political career, let alone getting your caricature cocaine snortin', drink-driving son into the oval office!

how has america ignored this [is the fact that less than 12% of college graduates read newspapers regularly? :: colon powell said this so if you dispute it, you impute the secretary of state as a questionable source]

this isn't an invitation to :flame:
    i really wanna know how you guys deal with these facts?

Oh yeah france and hammas?
    i think france ignoring hammas is little biscuits compared to the US support israel uses to commit atrocities
    why doesn't the US stage an embargo against israel and palestine? like the US did for 12 years with iraq and for lesser periods with serbia? how long has the US not dealt with cuba?
    the US has been supplying the IDF with weapons on credit, that it knows for sure will be used in urban areas against civilians
    and has been for decades
    but you're upset that france doesn't want to 'blacklist' a group?
    it just doesn't add up

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Strange.

It was the USA that CONVINCED us to include the IRA in the peace process, and you were right...

Now you want to deny the same thing in the Middle East, and condemn the French for trying to follow a formula that the USA started, and worked.

You have managed, yet again, to astound me S&A

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by echidna@19 June 2003 - 11:09
    i'm more worried that no-one in the USA seems upset that george bush snr gave saddam his dictatorship and the weaponry to match before he decided that saddam was a bad dog and public enemy #1
    the reason george dubya is so sure that there are WMD in iraq is daddies collection of receipts
    george snr also saw to the education of osama in how to wage terror

both of these 'islamist extremists' wouldn't be a shadow of their present selves if they hadn't been made by the USA

your tax dollars paid to put and keep saddam in power for over 10 years
    at the time when saddam gassed the kurds the USA said SFA
    it wasn't until george snr decided that he was a bad hound that we started to hear what an evil bastard he was
    your tax dollars also paid to teach osama
    your ex-president taught and supplied the man said to be behind S11 [and you know i don't mean allende]

doesn't this upset and outrage you? :: if not why?
    this would normally disqualify a person from having a political career, let alone getting your caricature cocaine snortin', drink-driving son into the oval office!

how has america ignored this [is the fact that less than 12% of college graduates read newspapers regularly? :: colon powell said this so if you dispute it, you impute the secretary of state as a questionable source]
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_lavel...41403_bush.html

Yes, many of us are most definitely outraged and upset. Unfortunately, we are the intellectual minority of an otherwise ignorant majority.

To answer your question about disqualifying... most people here are content to accept what ever they are told to accept. A lot of people blindly follow the one chosen to represent their party, despite any negative or corrupt information they are given about that person. It is a sad state of affairs, but very typical for Americans.

Also, I've said it once, I'll say it many times over again... how could we chastise our leader for perjury and a bj, yet celebrate and love his successor for treason? It makes no sense.

I am a college grad and I do read newspapers, but I cannot confirm nor deny whatever Powell said. I can only say that my grad friends and I do read the papers and engage in debate over issues. I can't say if that's the same for most grads or not, but it does seem a little far fetched.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    It's disgraceful. It's as bad as the US supplying the israeli army with weapons.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Yeeesh!
    All I see hear is the usual people attacking the USA and not dealing with the subject at hand at all.
    As usual.

@angellynn26
    I've read quite a few of your posts and I think you are a condescending idiot of the worst kind.
    The typical left winger thinking the rest of us are just too stupid to know any better.
    Plaese save us!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShockAndAwe)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yeeesh&#33;
    All I see hear is the usual people attacking the USA and not dealing with the suject at hand at all.
    As usual[/b]

Oh..you must have missed this bit.

<!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced

It was the USA that CONVINCED us to include the IRA in the peace process, and you were right...

Now you want to deny the same thing in the Middle East, and condemn the French for trying to follow a formula that the USA started, and worked.
    [/quote]

In case you didnt notice Rat Faced is saying the US was right to convince the UK to include the IRA in the peace talks and that what France is doing now is no different. So no attack on the US there just showing you that exactly the same thing has been done before so what the French are doing isnt anything new.

What do you think of that point S+A?

PS sorry to hijack your post Rat Faced but I thought it was a shame S+A missed it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    I didn&#39;t miss it at all.
    Apples and oranges.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@20 June 2003 - 22:44
    The typical left winger thinking the rest of us are just too stupid to know any better.
    Plaese save us&#33;
    I was not talking about all Repubs here, S+A. Only referring to those who follow Bush. Believe it or not, there are plenty of heavy right-wingers that are criticising Bush as well. There is no shame in seeing the facts for what they are, no matter what your political affiliation may be.

I also remember a time when the "typical right winger" was so willing to discount an entire presidency based solely on a bj. I remember because it hasn&#39;t stopped&#33; I see people on forums still today trying to defend Bush&#39;s B.S. presidency by throwing up Clinton&#39;s bj&#33; What a joke&#33; There is no comparison in the level of the crime. Let&#39;s face it, the Repubs have officially lost the moral high ground this president around, and America is beginning to wake up from the Bush nightmare.

I&#39;m sorry, but I cannot have any respect for someone who defends a treasonous man. I mean, come on&#33; Defend your country, defend your political views and party, but for God&#39;s sake, don&#39;t defend a sadistic man and then have the balls to apply any valid reasoning to it&#33; The man is scum, plain and simple.

BTW, what is Plaese?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast